Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a Pub With Pool/Snooker Table .

• 22-06-2008 12:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭

And you are thinking , sure there's loads of them around , what's the problem ?

I was over in Nottingham last year to visit some friends and we went out for a few drinks . We went to a pool/snooker/pub , but you hired the tables for a period of time , like the Vic but with drinks . Some of those guys are coming over next weekend and suggested we do same one night while over here . I am not aware of any establishment like that in Limerick , although I do remember Jack Bourkes in Thomas Street used to .

So , is there ? , or failing that any suggestions of maybe a nice pub with more than one table that wouldn't be crowded ?

People are arriving on Friday so get your thinking caps on .

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭gaf1983

O'Riadas on Catherine Street. Think it used to be called Molly's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭o Diablo o

Unless your wearing stab vests I wouldn't recommend it. The only decent enough pub I know of with a table is the windmill at the top of henry street.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

the rack used to be handy, but its gone a long time. ur not going to find a nice pool table in town methinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

The stables in ul

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

o Diablo o wrote: »
    Unless your wearing stab vests I wouldn't recommend it.

O'Riada's is fine. A gang of us from work eneded up there one night drinking and had an inpromptu pool tournament. Was a good laugh, never felt in mortal danger either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

wingnut wrote: »
    O'Riada's is fine. A gang of us from work eneded up there one night drinking and had an inpromptu pool tournament. Was a good laugh, never felt in mortal danger either.
    +1. had a great night too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Downstairs in Kennedy O' Briens used to have two seperate rooms with a snooker table in each. Have not been in there is an age so do not know if they are still there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

Are the pool tables still terrible in O'Riada's, as in inconsistent roll and cramped space?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Pigletlover

As o Diablo o said, upstairs in the Winmill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭jonski

Thanks for all the replies people .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

there is a pub down by roxtown terrace murphys or mastersons or something like that.. they have an upstairs room with two tables last time i was there.. never too busy either and a nice pint.. if your outside johns cathedral go down by the now closed sallyport bar take a left there and then take the next left down a small st by the old city walls the pub is down there.. hope this helps..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

Brennans, if its still there, up in Catherine street next to what used to be Lapellos had two pool tables upstairs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭sioda

Brennans is a cafe now god that wasa great spot :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭o Diablo o

Ah jesus I forgot all about that place. Great spot, long gone though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Mod Post:

Bringing back a 2008 thread just to post the same spam that was put in the Darts forum?

Spam deleted, thread closed, and bye bye spam account.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement