Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Anyone know a tyre centre open on Sunday?

Options
  • 22-06-2008 12:30pm
    Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

I need to get a new tyre today if possible!

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Toots85 wrote: »
    I need to get a new tyre today if possible!

Thanks!
    You may get a better response if you suggest an area. ;)

You may reside at Malin Head and someone may know a place open in Castletownbere but, presumably, that wouldn't be much good to you!

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Oops! I'm in Dublin south!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I'd have thought that most would be open today. If I were you i'd hit the Golden Pages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Nevermind...

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Anan1 wrote: »
    I'd have thought that most would be open today. If I were you i'd hit the Golden Pages.

I've tried that and failed. Only one I found in there open on sunday seemed quite expensive, got quoted 250 for a 14 inch tyre for my Rover 45???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

I've tried that and failed. Only one I found in there open on sunday seemed quite expensive, got quoted 250 for a 14 inch tyre for my Rover 45???
    You serious?:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

That's the thing about tyre places, you really need a couple so you can play them off against one another. Do you have a spare that you could put on until tomorrow? Failing that, is the puncture in the tread? If so, a can of TyreWeld should do the trick for today - you'll get it in many filling stations.

Plug wrote: »
    You serious?:eek:

Now I'll be the first to admit I don't know a whole lot about cars, but that sounded ridiculous to me! I told them forget it. I thought it'd be around 100 - 150, is that right?
    Anan1 wrote: »
    That's the thing about tyre places, you really need a couple so you can play them off against one another. Do you have a spare that you could put on until tomorrow? Failing that, is the puncture in the tread? If so, a can of TyreWeld should do the trick for today - you'll get it in many filling stations.

I've got the spare on, but it's a skinny and I've got to go to the airport tomorrow so looks like I'll have to get up early and head down to fastfit or the like :( bye bye lie in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

Now I'll be the first to admit I don't know a whole lot about cars, but that sounded ridiculous to me! I told them forget it. I thought it'd be around 100 - 150, is that right?

I got quoted €90-€135 depending on the brand for 215/45 17's for my Altezza the other day, not in Dublin, but surely for 14's you shouldnt be paying anything over €100

Really??? God I'm glad I came on here!!! I mean they're not alloys or anything, just bog standard wheels!

• Advertisement
Advertisement