Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Installing 2nd Eircom Wired Router

Options
  • 22-06-2008 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Hi all,

hope ye can help me.

Have Eircom Netopia Wireless router upstairs on 1st floor of house. Wanted to connect a 2nd computer for the kids downstairs and purchased a wireless connector for the kids desktop PC to pick up signal from upstairs but signal strength is poor and very slow at the best of times. I picked up a wired Eircom router on one of the free sites hoping to replace the kids wireless one with it and get better signal. Plugged it in and it messes up the whole wireless network upstairs.

Is it possible to hook up a second router - if so what settings do I change on the 2nd wired router (Fisher Price explanations please) :)

many thanks

Spfeno

Comments

Advertisement