Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

E34 5 Series

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

abitdazed wrote: »
    Truth be told I wouldn't mind an E39. The jump in materials for the interior is generally measured in light-years. Really, really nice. Mine's interior is about average for a car from 82. Pity it's a 94.

If it's any consolation ...the dashboard in my yoke is sheet metal :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

Hard to know what the hell this thread is about, bit if it's slating the quality of the E34 then it not to be taken seriously. The cars are bombproof and as said earlier, the last of the over engineered BMW's.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,433 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

My previous BMW was a '94 E34 530iA V8 petrol. Originally Irish car bought by the Finnish Ambassador. Silly famine spec with no aircon and no airbag and not even leather, but a great car it was all the same

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I test-drove an E34 530iA once. Fast & smooth.:)

Anan1 wrote: »
    I test-drove an E34 530iA once

Was that over here? The senior dude in M&G Milltown I was talking to reckoned only about 10-15 V8 E34s were ever sold here
    Fast & smooth.:)

The buyer taught me a lesson in faster and smoother alright :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

It was maybe six years ago, all I can remember was that the car was metallic red and had no a/c. I can't even remember why I didn't buy it!

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭DM-BM

OP, you could try Frank Wise in Clogheen in Tipp, near Ballyporeen 087 7717659, he might be able to sort you out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭abitdazed

DM-BM wrote: »
    OP, you could try Frank Wise in Clogheen in Tipp, near Ballyporeen 087 7717659, he might be able to sort you out.

Cheers, I'll do that. Thanks man.

Hard to know what the hell this thread is about, bit if it's slating the quality of the E34 then it not to be taken seriously. The cars are bombproof and as said earlier, the last of the over engineered BMW's.

Well, it started off with me just wonderin if anybody had any bits for my beemer, but thankfully has turned into a discussion about them. No one here (save one) is really slatin these cars, more it's just an honest admission of some of the shortcomings experienced.

Man, I'd really love to drive one of those 530's though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

You could also try Ger Collins in Abbeyfeale:

Bavarian Auto Technik
    Unit 7 provincial House, Abbeyfeale, Co. Limerick
    Tel: 068-32404
    http://www.bavarianautotechnik.com/

BTW I had an e34, nice car to drive. Here's my old bus:

P3120026-1-1.jpg
    (frosty morning)

Poor maintenance seems to be the cause of a lot of unreliability. Coolant system needs overhaul at 100k miles as does the front suspension (ball joints, drop links, bushes, shocks, etc).
    I sold it 6 years ago with 167k miles on the clock to a friend of mine who pushed it over the 200k miles mark, subsequently sold it three years ago. He saw it the other day still on the road.

• Advertisement

cheers, RR, will do in the morning! I like yours, man. Nice look. oh, and job one in the shop where mine is, is to fix the front end. I'm assuming mine didn't get the front end sorted when it needed it.

I can't even remember why I didn't buy it!

LOL :D

The seller asking for too much maybe? Is that when you got the C280 instead?

Anyway, let's not get too sentimental. The E34 was a superb car in its time, but the driving dynamics of its successor are far superior

Advertisement