Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's a long long road to Tipperary!!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Aesop

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

passed through today at 13.05, again with minimum fuss.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Aesop

Has it improved for anyone at peak times?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Never been through it at peak time but heard it has caused huge tailbacks and has made the situation worse.

Been through it a few times and it has been handy coming off the slip road alright, still though id hate to go near the place at rush hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I only ever use that junction coming from the slip road, and i have to say its very handy - better playing russian roulette trying to slip out between lines of cars.

Can't imagine its much fun trying to get through the junction during rush hour, though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Xennon

If the junction was designed properly day one then there would be no issue. These lights are a blatant attempt to cover up a c*ckup. The traffic there from 5pm is simply ridiculous. It backs up all the way into town and chokes the roundabouts. As for this "oh we didn't expect so much traffic" excuse, are these people complete imbeciles???

Grrrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Pikasso

Xennon wrote: »
    As for this "oh we didn't expect so much traffic" excuse, are these people complete imbeciles???

Yes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

anyone tried to make there way through the mess they have made at the lights at spa in castletroy... the new bus lane causing huge confusion there.... as far as i can tell when coming from the dublin you stay in the outside lane leaving the bus lane free then swithc back in before the lights to allow for a right turn lane then switch back out again really quickly once through the lights to allow for the bus lane again...id love a go at doing this in an artic at 30mph..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

and as if things arent bad enough now they are working on the roundabout alongside Pat Keogh's Bmw centre, blocking the lane to go right. Took me 15 mins just to get through the roundabout at 6pm. When is this council going to give us a break.....do one road at a time and let the traffic move....this is a relatively new roundabout....i only hope they actually widen the lanes leading in and out of it as I'm seriously starting to lose the plot with traffic jams...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

I'm driving in and out to Pallasgreen a lot lately and noticed something interesting at Traffic lights today.
    Coming from Pallasgreen, before you drive up hill to the lights there is a speed limit sign for 50hkp.
    Closer to lights a speed limit sign for 60 kph.
    After lights a speed limit sign for 80 kph.
    The next sped limit sign is at Hegarty's recycling for 60kph and the last at Heiton Buckleys for 50kph.
    So thats 50, 60, 80, 60, 50. Some of these roads are very busy with loads of traffic turning on and off to road and yet speed limit is high.
    Should I slow to 50kph at bottom of hill before lights??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Pikasso

Yes, it's a joke, but remember the speed limits are top legal limits and not goals to be achieved. Any decent driver will drive only as fast as they think it is safe to do so - for themselves and other users. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

I would like to send out my deepest condolences to the family of man killed at this junction whilst traveling by bike when he was struck by a truck at around 1.50pm.

Advertisement