Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

day trips/tours in dubrovnik

• 22-06-2008 2:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Myself and a group of friends will be heading to Dubrovnik in August for a week. Ive heard theres not much to do unless you book excursions ans stuff. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what we should do or any recommendations of websites to book through?

We were thinking of doing a day trip to Montenegro, diving or something similar?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 funky15_2

Hi EllieHaving been there last year, i'd strongly recommend going to Mostar for a day, its a stunning place, and really interesting, also a trip to the islands is something you might consider...Majagorie isnt really worth going to unless your into lookin at a church in the middle of nowhere for a few hours, really nice coach trip up to it though, mostar is a few miles past it...Montenegro is nice, probably end up goin to budvar as your last stop, beware theres a serious drive through mountains to get there, if you not into hanging off the edge of a cliff for half an hour, avoid it! although its really worth doing!! and dont expect a crazy nightlife, because you wont find it, but a great place to kick back and chill for a week, you'll enjoy it!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭missmatty

I've been to Dubrovnik twice and I adore the place, great for chilling out although there isn't a whole lot to do once you've seen the main sights :o

We went again in May and did a day trip to Montenegro. We asked around at the harbour where they have stands for the other day trips and we booked a guy with a minibus. Drove around the bay of Kotor and visited Kotor, Budva and Sveti Istvan. Beautiful scenery, it's gorgeous.

You can also book a day trip to the three Elaphite Islands nearest to Dubrovnik, it's a nice way to pass the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

missmatty wrote: »

You can also book a day trip to the three Elaphite Islands nearest to Dubrovnik, it's a nice way to pass the day.

+1, this is a lovely trip to do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭theboytaylor

I really liked Dubrovnik, never bored but I guess it depends what you're into.

There's a couple (maybe just the 2) bars on the outside of the Old Town walls.
    One is hard to find, just a small hole in the wall with a "Cold Drinks" sign above it. Tis expensive enough but it faces directly out to the sea, has nice jazz playing and is generally an idyllic way to spend a few hours.

On the excursion front, it might require staying over a night but I'd definitely recommend taking the Jadrolinja ferry (3hrs) to an island called Mljet.

There's a hotel there and not a whole lot more as most of the island is a national park is absolutely beautiful. Flaking out there by the lakes and all is not something I think anyone would regret.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

Maybe consider getting the Ferry to Korcula for a night or so - its such a beautiful island.
    One is hard to find, just a small hole in the wall with a "Cold Drinks" sign above it.

This bar is amazing - i could have stayed here all day looking out on the adriatic.

• Advertisement
Advertisement