Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Call of Duty: World at War - teaser trailer + pics.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jonski

CyberGhost wrote: »

1. I don't want to install anything extra
    2. I'm not paying for online access
    3. I'm not buying the game if they allow you some portion of online access and you have to pay for some good features.

I'll buy it and pay for our own server . but as above , I'm not up for paying for " Extra content "

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

The melee is looking fun.
    LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOADS of stabbing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭The Queen

Looking good. Nice bit of grittiness in there...

WaW044.jpg

WaW036.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

I have to say that the game is looking pretty good! I'm actually looking forward to being back in WW2 surroundings! But what's all this about paying to play online? I won't be doing that!

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Indie18

ahhh back to the trusty old ww2 games originality at its very best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

TBH, I am ,more then happen with CoD4, I am actually supprised they have started talking about this game already.

It's not due until Christmas and you might be bored by then... I'm happy they're planning ahead! I just hope that game won't be a big piece of sh!t... :(

It's not due until Christmas and you might be bored by then... I'm happy they're planning ahead! I just hope that game won't be a big piece of sh!t... :(

it could well be and i wouldn't be surprised if it was to be honest. do they really have to go back and do another ww2 game there were other wars god dam it or if that doesn't suit them why don't they just make up a war.

I actually like the fact that it is set in WW2! I'm not worried about that one bit!

What worries me is that they might go down the "tactical" route like Brothers in Arms where you have to give orders to your troups and all that cr@p... I hate this type of games! If I liked them I'd be playing Command & Conquer!

I want to play as a simple soldier and not have to worry about other people!

Hit the auld nail on the head there!
    Like that full spectrum warrior!
    I thought now i'd just buy myself and cheap fps game, and what i got was a large load of horse boll0cks!

I'm very glad that it's going back to ww2.
    I play more cod2 than cod4 as it is!

• Advertisement

I actually like the fact that it is set in WW2! I'm not worried about that one bit!

What worries me is that they might go down the "tactical" route like Brothers in Arms where you have to give orders to your troups and all that cr@p... I hate this type of games! If I liked them I'd be playing Command & Conquer!

I want to play as a simple soldier and not have to worry about other people!

i don't think they are going down the tactical route with it. i think what they are plugging with this one is online co-op campaign (not the worst idea in the world i suppose) i would hate to think that they were going to do the whole issue commands to you squad sh**e that just gets messy.
    i don't hate the fact thats its set in ww2 again but it does get a little boring. but it should still be a good game.

I would love a game just like CoD1 in fairness (but with better graphics obviously). It was the ONLY accurate Call of Duty game IMO. God I can still remember the KAR-98K and the MP44 on Dawnville or Carentan... They were accurate as hell! And the BAR and Thompson were just awesome... Ahhhh the memories!

Ever since CoD2 the accuracy of the Call of Duty series has been more than suspect IMO...

• Registered Users Posts: 4 AnotherSociety

Its looking alot like 3 sweeeeettt:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

I love WW2 games but how will they get all the COD4 hardcore players to stay with this? If they are going to do weapon unlocks etc with this theres only so many guns that were available in WW2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

I would love a game just like CoD1 in fairness (but with better graphics obviously). It was the ONLY accurate Call of Duty game IMO. God I can still remember the KAR-98K and the MP44 on Dawnville or Carentan... They were accurate as hell! And the BAR and Thompson were just awesome... Ahhhh the memories!

Ever since CoD2 the accuracy of the Call of Duty series has been more than suspect IMO...

I agree 100% Steff, for me CoD1 is still by far the best in the series, I had some fun moments in that game.

CyberGhost wrote: »
    I agree 100% Steff, for me CoD1 is still by far the best in the series, I had some fun moments in that game.
    Jesus I think I'll re-install it for the laugh!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,856 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

cant wait for this,hope its better than 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭pirelli

The flame thrower looks like it will be fun. I'd say it will be unpopular by sever admins though, like the martyr option is. The reason is it probably starts lots of fires and smoke and generally is annoying. I wonder how you burn a cod player to death ( im thinking flamable straw huts in the hot jungle ). Do you just die or start dying and have to move.

In another cod edition
    I would like to see one big huge map for 2.5 kilometer sniper shot's which are realistically possible and can be shot accurately. The spawn would land/respawn you to where you left off.

And you would parachute back onto the map, so your enemy can see you respawning land point.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭stannis

And here I was, hoping developers would start to move away from the World War 2 setting...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

I would love a game just like CoD1 in fairness (but with better graphics obviously). It was the ONLY accurate Call of Duty game IMO.
    Accurate my ass! You could throw a grenade into tomorrow! (Or the day after if you jumped)

Great game though

• Advertisement

Zulu wrote: »
    Accurate my ass! You could throw a grenade into tomorrow! (Or the day after if you jumped)

Great game though
    "Accurate" & "Realistic" have 2 different meanings! I meant "accurate" because you didn't get kills by aiming somewhere around the player... You had to be spot on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Zulu wrote: »

Great game though

Well they sure fixed that problem in CoD4, with shoe box maps, so you don't have to throw grenades far.

Yeah with martydom the grenade covered half the map...

Advertisement