Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grand Theft Auto IV

Options
  • 22-06-2008 2:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭

Ive played all the GTA games and similar games throughout the years, i continue to see lack of things that i personally wanted in the game, for instance...the lack of weapons, cars, boats, aircraft, shops and clothing.

There are 15 weapons to get, what happened to the weapons from the other games? I want a minigun...Could they not have added in more?

There are 100 cars, some of these cars are hidden or rare to find, 4 helicopters in the game, no planes though? Has this got to do with the twin towers? I swear i didn't do it! I really enjoyed flying around in San Andreas and the way the army dog fight you in the jets.

There is not much customization in the game, lack of clothing...Why cant i get niko fat like CJ? Why does it seem like I'm driving on ice all the time! This reminds me of Gran Turismo...I bet they are going to squeeze another 3 titles out of this engine. Your not having my money again Rockstar...:mad: I like Jam.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

The driving is a lot more realistic in GTA4 than in the previous games. Once you get used to it you'll be fine. I couldn't give a toss about clothes or shops or rpg-like stats like weight, weapon skill etc. If you had planes where would you fly them to? Not like there's any other city to go to...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Ross_Mahon wrote: »
    I like Jam.
    :p

The lack of planes was a little annoying alright, but I rarely even bother flying helicopters so I doubt I would have got much use out of planes...
    I reckon they'll definitely end up adding them to the expansion pack this fall

• Registered Users Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

The parachute element was fun in San Andreas too, something I'd like to see back in DLC.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

Stephen wrote: »
    The driving is a lot more realistic in GTA4 than in the previous games. Once you get used to it you'll be fine. I couldn't give a toss about clothes or shops or rpg-like stats like weight, weapon skill etc. If you had planes where would you fly them to? Not like there's any other city to go to...

I'm used to the driving, but i have to use the handbrake/brake...Stress of it! :D

I Would fly the planes in and out buildings like in San Andreas was good craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

The lack of planes is definitely due to the fact it's in New York. Rockstar made the right choice to avoid controversy.

• Advertisement

Ah yes I can see Jack Thompson now, bleating about GTA being a 9/11 simulator :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

Fringe wrote: »
    The lack of planes is definitely due to the fact it's in New York. Rockstar made the right choice to avoid controversy.

because rockstar always avoid controversy ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

The driving is a lot more realistic in GTA4 than in the previous games.

Realistic is not the same as fun.

I find the car handling fun anyways.

Ah yes I can see Jack Thompson now, bleating about GTA being a 9/11 simulator :mad:

Buy Flight Simulator X and get the twin towers as extra scenery, practice makes perfect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

Didnt that stuborn asswipe get barred?

Just have to add aswell, got an Xbox360 and Gta4 there two days ago, fookin hell time square is TEH ****!, fairly freekin awsome!

I do miss the deal with planes a lil bit, even just a harrier would be fine!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Didnt that stuborn asswipe get barred?/QUOTE]

He did but it hasn;'t stopped his crusade.

The single player was really getting to my head, so i was playing the multi player for the first time yesterday, its so hectic and funny!

I'm driving along and next thing a helicopter is chasing me,shooting machine guns and all, i spin the car around and riddled your man through the window with the UZI.

Advertisement