Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Paul Ince appointed new Blackburn manager

• 22-06-2008 3:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭

Breaking news on SSN......

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Fair play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

isnt this another manager getting a top job without the correct qualifications?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,849 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Mr Alan wrote: »

Yes it is... But he's done great where he has been so that should be more than enough

i mean the actual coaching badges

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

the qualifications were meant to prevent inexperienced former players walking into the top jobs ahead of the managers of the lower leagues who done well but always get overlooked. ironically Ince is exactly the type of manager they want to encourage yet he had to get dispensation... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

are Blackburn in Europe?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

are Blackburn in Europe?

No

Good thing cause he wouldnt be eligable to manage em in Europe.

i dont know why the **** the FA bother having any requirments when it comes to managers, ****ing waste of time if they dont enforce it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

the qualifications were meant to prevent inexperienced former players walking into the top jobs ahead of the managers of the lower leagues who done well but always get overlooked. ironically Ince is exactly the type of manager they want to encourage yet he had to get dispensation... :rolleyes:

They've bloody failed then haven't they......? I don't think Incey will last too long in this job........?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

They've bloody failed then haven't they......?

yeah, that's the point I was making. with the amount of dispensations there is it seems pointless to me. about 2 or 3 a year on average i think?. Roy Keane, Avram Grant, and Southgate... before that Roeder, and wasn't there someone else? seems pointless anyway...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭JMB88

are Blackburn in Europe?
    They qualified for that Intertoto cup I think, if they win that they get into the UEFA cup as far as I know. Good look to Ince, he'll need it ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

On the point of coaching badge exemptions I don't think that Ince's appointment really falls far outside the LMA's intentions. He's has two full seasons of successful management and is only missing his Pro Licence. Like Roy Keane he'll be actively pursuing his Pro Licence during the season. Similarly, Grant has experience and is/was sitting his Pro Licence during the season.

In my view the only two notable exceptions are Roeder, who was exempted due to his cancer, and particularly Southgate who was only sitting the B licence at the time.

Hopefully Ince will translate his lower league success to the top level but I reckon he faces a difficult first season given that he has to fill Mark Hughes shoes while probably needing to replace some of their better players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,391 ✭✭✭Invincible

Another ex-united player joins the ranks of premiership managers.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

Good luck to him. He's earned it even though he's not got the full credentials yet. Hope it's no Allardyce/Newcastle saga...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

staker wrote: »
    Hope it's no Allardyce/Newcastle saga...

It won't be, he's not Allardyce.

Invincible wrote: »
    Another ex-united player joins the ranks of premiership managers.;)

Ex Liverpool player you mean. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

It won't be, he's not Allardyce.

Hope he gets a chance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

I think this will end badly for 'the guv'nor'. Massive jump from MK Dons to the Premiership.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Think this makes it likelier Bentley and Santa Cruz will be on the move

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Shamrok wrote: »
    I think this will end badly for 'the guv'nor'. Massive jump from MK Dons to the Premiership.

Maybe, but if keane can do it no reason why Ince can do it,the only difference I suppose is that Keane had bucket loads of money to spend.

• Advertisement

Think this makes it likelier Bentley and Santa Cruz will be on the move

To be fair I think they were always going to be on the move imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Yeah -think Bentley and Santa Cruz were always likely to move but this just seals it - I was thinking if Blacburn got a "bigger" name in they might have been able to hang on to them

Yeah -think Bentley and Santa Cruz were always likely to move but this just seals it - I was thinking if Blacburn got a "bigger" name in they might have been able to hang on to them

Possibly Santa Cruz, but I get the feeling Bentley thinks that he should be playing cl football, will be interesting to see where he ends up for me I can't see Arsenal Utd or Chelsea going for him, maybe Liverpool, would love Arsenal to get Santa Cruz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

well its a good move for blackburn IMO, hughes had no PL experience either, though he had with wales

ince has proved himself in the lower divisions and its good to see a team giving a chance to an upcoming manager instead of going for a foreign unknown, as happens a lot.

regarding the coaching badges, they were mainly brought in to stop the an owner giving his son a job, who had no previous experience before etc. if its a manager who just hasnt had a chance to do teh badges yet and who intends to do them, they will usually always allow them to manage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

JMB88 wrote: »
    They qualified for that Intertoto cup I think
    they didnt

Stekelly wrote: »
    Ex Liverpool player you mean. :)

Maybe you were in nappies at the time:D,but Ince played for United from 1989-1995,206 appearances in all.
    He also played for Liverpool from 1997-1999,65 appearances.

Invincible wrote: »
    Maybe you were in nappies at the time:D,but Ince played for United from 1989-1995,206 appearances in all.
    He also played for Liverpool from 1997-1999,65 appearances.

Nope. I remember it well. It's just the latter supercedes the former. He had a far better goals to game ratio for us so that proves he loved playing for us more and gave his all. case closed. :)

Nope. I remember it well. It's just the latter supercedes the former. He had a far better goals to game ratio for us so that proves he loved playing for us more and gave his all. case closed. :)

He scored 24 times for United in 206 games,10 times for Inter in 54 games and 14 times for Liverpool in 65 games,so that means on your logic,that he loved playing for Inter more than Liverpool.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Apparently Ince will sing Andrews who is a midfielder from Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Remember that goal he scored he scored against United thinking he cost them the league?

then United won the treble a few weeks later?

good times :cool:

Advertisement