Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which coffee shops do you like?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭flycruise

What about Cafe Idaho on Caroline St (behind BT's and near the side entrance to Debenhams)? Fabby...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

flycruise wrote: »
    What about Cafe Idaho on Caroline St (behind BT's and near the side entrance to Debenhams)? Fabby...

Oh yeah, I love that place...it's always so busy though. Well, when I get into town at the weekend. Ever tried to use the toilet though? It's outside in the building next door!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 blue_merc

cafe depeche north main street, definitely worth a visit. coffee is amazing and is also the only triple certified blend in cork(fairtrade,rainforest alliance & organic) i learned that from chatting to one of the girls in there the other day, they really know their stuff! there's something for everyone, they do a range of leaf teas and funky cold drinks 2, and the sambos and goodies are great

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭taram

I'll second that recommendation for Cafe Depeche, the best chai in Cork too! Usually go to the cinema a little early so I can grab a cuppa beforehand. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭Fabio

Gonna try that place. Anyone been to Taste Cafe?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

the only time i went to cafe depeche, i ordered a hot choclate and got a lukewarm chocolate. very disappointed :(

Yeah, I know it's down to personal taste, but I've never liked their coffee. Most people I know who like Gusto coffee don't like Depeche coffee. The hot chocolate is pretty gross and not hot, either!

i guess you could have asked for it hotter? they heat the milk to the temp its supposed to be heated to so as to not burn the milk.......changed the choc to a diff one now anyway that actually has to be made boiling hot to thicken it up its traditional italian hot choc... savage. cant say much for people preferring gusto to depeche as ya its down to personal taste got an awful macchiato in gusto one day tho turned me off as im a complete coffee snob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

The city centre needs a BB's - their muffins are SOOO nice!!There's one in Mahon Point and Ballincollig Shopping Centre, but it's just too far :(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭sunnyside

The city centre needs a BB's - (

And a Costa and a Starbucks:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

Thought Starbucks were supposed to be opening in one of the new shopping centres in town? Or was that just ANOTHER rumour... Supposidly they were opening last year, and the year before that, and the year before that :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭JaneHudson

I like the fact that there isn't a starbucks :-o
    Good coffee shops for espionage are Gloria Jeans and Gusto, especially the former cause your subjects can't see you! Passing comments on passers-by passes time quite nicely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Gladiator27

The new Italian hot chocolate in Depeche is just unreal! Pure liquid chocolate! I had it at A Taste of Cork......to die for!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭JaneHudson

Must go there, doesn't it close early though? They have some kind of Baileys coffee thing I keep weanting to try. Nom.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

I went to "Cuppa Cafe" yesterday for the first time and really liked the place. The staff were so friendly, refreshing these days! And I had a pot of fruit tea that was just yum!!! So I'll be making that a regular haunt.

I still like going to the coffee shop in the Imperial Hotel, I love the surroundings, feels very Russian Tea room. Though the prices are a bit steep.

And Tribes for late night - it's about the only place you can go to for a cuppa after the theatre/late film etc.

But how I'd kill for something like the coffee shops around Soho in London, those cakes are to die for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Gladiator27

I'm not sure what time it closes! I haven't been there in ages. I only tried it at the Taste of Cork and they told me it was in Depeche! I must go down there some lunch time!

I'm not sure what time it closes! I haven't been there in ages. I only tried it at the Taste of Cork and they told me it was in Depeche! I must go down there some lunch time!

It's not regular! They close different times depending on how busy it is :rolleyes:

its pretty regular now, summer times are up in the air cuz o the lack o coffee drinkers down that end lol :) open 8-30am to 7pm weekdays and 11-5 on a sat. They just opened a new one aswell at lancaster quay just across from jurys hotel on the western road. great for ucc heads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭sunnyside

I went to Nash19 on Princess St at the weekend, it's a bit posh compared to the other ones mentioned here but the food is fantastic. It's slightly more expensive than other places but worth it for the food.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Typewriter

The ginger bread house was the best. since its gone there no similar (non yuppy) late night cafe.
    That place was so layed back i loved especially when they had the buskers play in there. I have so many good memories of the GBH. great for people watching.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭104494431

That place next to ege kebab across from ucc - cant think of the name!!

Had a very good double macchiato there the other day.

They serve the 2nd worst if not the worst coffee in Cork in my opinion, the coffee in Wagamama's is diabolical (though so is their entire range of food and drink with the last few months).

The espresso in Cafebardeli is ok, Cork Coffee Roasters is decent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭evil-monkey

are there any decent late night cafe's left in the city?? apart from tribes, which as a previous poster has already pointed out, has recently gone to sh*t.

Advertisement