Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoo pricing/advice

Options
  • 22-06-2008 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭

How much (roughly) would something like the below cost and can anyone recommend an artist/tattoo parlor that would suit that type of tattoo ? Also, do yea think blue & black would look good rather than red & black ?

aea2xd.jpg

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

any good respectable tattooist can do that tattoo.
    It would take roughly 4-5 hours.
    I would say €500 should cover it depending on who the tattooist is.
    As good tattooists may charge more or less imo.
    As i see ye from Dublin there loads of great tattooists there.
    Remis do savage work.
    http://www.remistattoo.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Personally for maori work i woould go with the italians in art tattoo, templebar. they charge about 100 squid an hour. Tattoos arent my thing but a rough estimate would be about 700 or so.best bet is to go chat with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Woah, that expensive eh ? Hmm. Might have to get it smaller.

Wilburt wrote: »
    Personally for maori work i woould go with the italians in art tattoo, templebar. they charge about 100 squid an hour. Tattoos arent my thing but a rough estimate would be about 700 or so.best bet is to go chat with them.
    i dont think that would take 7 hours imo.

Tusky wrote: »
    Woah, that expensive eh ? Hmm. Might have to get it smaller.
    its the going rate for tattooists €80-€120 max.
    i have a calf tattoo and i thought it would take 6-7 hours.
    4.5 hours it took,all in one session.
    €450.

• Advertisement

Alan Ford wrote: »
    its the going rate for tattooists €80-€120 max.
    i have a calf tattoo and i thought it would take 6-7 hours.
    4.5 hours it took,all in one session.
    €450.

I know nothing about tattoos but your one looks like there is much more work gone into it than the one I posted. Surely it would take as long/longer.

Tusky wrote: »
    I know nothing about tattoos but your one looks like there is much more work gone into it than the one I posted. Surely it would take as long/longer.
    the one you posted would not take more than 5 hours imo.
    best thing to do is go to a tattooist with the design you want and they will help you gladly with that.
    Ask them how long and price.
    Shop around for prices and decide for yourself whats best.

Great, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Alan Ford wrote: »
    Shop around for prices.

^ What not to do.

Shop around for quality of the tattoos, the work that's in their portfolios and try to find the artist that you feel could do the tattoo that you want best.

The price means nothing, it's something you'll have on your body for life! I wouldn't say to downsize it either. If you can't afford it at the size that you want yet, then either save some more, or get it done in parts. Don't compromise on what you want!

Advertisement