Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eyre square

Options
  • 22-06-2008 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭

what's going on in eyre square:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

No idea. Need more info. Now i'm curious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Yeah, got a bus there at 1:30 and there didn't seem to be much happening then... What's going on now?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

i'm down in an internet cafe an can hear music blaring from a truck and i saw some form of petting zoo:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Fly High

I'm not around but I presume it's the solstice festival thing.. Are there many hippys?

cant see

• Advertisement

There was supposed to be a parade yesterday and general faffing about today for the summer solstice but like I said I'm outta galway this weekend so I'm missing all those crusties worshiping pagan gods, damn! The sun god is my favourite...

all hail the sun god. i like the egyptian god ra is my fav :p

The sun god goes by many names... It's all well and fine for egyptians to be worshipping the sun, but Irish people?? We should be worshipping water or potatoes or something...

well we worship the sun coz of its rarity and then have the usual lobster effect afterwards as thanks :D

Did you get any confirmation as to what this ruckous was??

• Advertisement

There was something on the radio about a brass band festival / competition and parade to the Spanish Arch, it might have been that.

A lot of events that were scheduled to be out doors were moved indoors over the weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭moomoo2007

I thought i was in aid of national childrens day not sure though

yeah it was for childrens day.
    i know one of the bands that were playin

Well if I had been there I would have been worshipping the sun god...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

you were in eyre square at an internet cafe so you posted on the internet to find out what was going on..

seriously that beggars belief

well the people in the cafe didn know and as i didn want to leave a spot next to a power source (i was on my laptop) i thought i might aswell ask.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭moomoo2007

Aw well now you know.

thanks for the answer.
    got told wen i got home that day dont ave internet access so could only write it in today that i found out.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 128 ✭✭MuchSavage

Unfortunatly there is no Sun god to worship over this side of the country...... ! We only have the Umbrella Gods, who have come to save us from the Rain of a thousand drops.......

FYI
    Campaigners in Galway are organising a Freedom from Torture festival.

"The Street Parade will be lead by a 10-metre dragon keeping the flame of hope alive. Drummers, jugglers and flame throwers will be joining the parade, which starts at Eyre Square and ends at Spanish Arch. There will be a concert and picnic with performers and activities at Spanish Arch."

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

MuchSavage wrote: »
    FYI
    Campaigners in Galway are organising a Freedom from Torture festival.

Thursday June 26
    The parade will start at 1pm from Eyre Square and travel down Shop Street to the concert at Spanish Arch

http://www.galwayadvertiser.ie/content/index.php?aid=12473

• Advertisement
Advertisement