Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

insurance refund question

Options
  • 22-06-2008 3:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭

if one is insured on a provisional for 12 month and pass test on month 7 do they get a refund? Are they reasesed as full licence drivers? Or does this happen after the 12 month period or at all?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Ring your insurance company and tell them you have a full lisence now and they will give you a discount on the remainder of your policy. If you paid up front then they will issue you a refund for the discount I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

just to let ppl know, for NI and UK policies, alot of insurance companies are charging extra when you change to a full licence, as the driver is deemed a higher risk, as they are now driving by themselves.

In quinn, ive seen people with premiums of 1200 pounds, and then get an increase of 900 when they change to a full licence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭masterwriter

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Ring your insurance company and tell them you have a full lisence now and they will give you a discount on the remainder of your policy. If you paid up front then they will issue you a refund for the discount I think.
    When they were phoned they changed the fact that the driver can now drive any car but they did not mention refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

i'm with quinn and my premium dropped when i got my full licence, it was bout 6 months into the policy, that was 4 years ago though

guil07 wrote: »
    i'm with quinn and my premium dropped when i got my full licence, it was bout 6 months into the policy, that was 4 years ago though

for ppl in the ROI, the will get a discount. for those in NI and UK, they will be charged an increase

• Advertisement

for ppl in the ROI, the will get a discount.
    do they get a refundof the money paid for prov if they pass before its up

do they get a refundof the money paid for prov if they pass before its up

if you get ur full licence mid way through the year, you should be entitled to a refund as long as you have no claims pending or paid out.

If you paid in full, they should refund you by what ever way you paid. if paid by credit card, refund will be put back on to the card you paid with.

If you paid by Direct debit your remaining instalments will be reduced

if you get ur full licence mid way through the year, you should be entitled to a refund as long as you have no claims pending or paid out.

If you paid in full, they should refund you by what ever way you paid. if paid by credit card, refund will be put back on to the card you paid with.

If you paid by Direct debit your remaining instalments will be reduced
    Thanks

no prob. just ring up and see what happens

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭louis626

for ppl in the ROI, the will get a discount. for those in NI and UK, they will be charged an increase
    My premium increased because i got a full license in ROI.

• Advertisement

louis626 wrote: »
    My premium increased because i got a full license in ROI.

usually people in ROI get a discount. Must be higher rates of accidents of people who just pass there test in ROI, and therefore the rates are been changed accordingly. that sucks

Advertisement