Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bomb scare in the George last night??

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Mairt wrote: »
    What was funnier was when I asked a guard why the street was closed off and he said there "was a BUM scare in The George''..

:pac:

There were a lot of stools pushed in last night in that place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,913 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Afterwards I heard they were all let in through the back door.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Degsy wrote: »
    Xavi6 wrote: »
    Afterwards I heard they were all let in through the back door.
    A spot of uphill gardening I heard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

[AH]
    If a bomb had gone off, the place would of gone up in flames.
    [/AH]
    they were most definately delighted with the free dink and probably love that something so dramatic happened to tell the next day!!!

True enough.
    Having some fool create a bomb scare on the day of/day before the annual(?) Gay Pride march.

Sure ya can't beat a bit of mindless persecution - Do you what teh gheys love?!

THAT! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Abigayle wrote: »
    Calm down everyone. It was a boob-scare, not a bomb-scare.

.. i can see it now.. delta goodrin exposes her tits and 300 gheys run screaming from the club! ;D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

The bomb was probably intended for the Revenue Commissioners next door.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,283 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

snyper wrote: »
    .. i can see it now.. delta goodrin exposes her tits and 300 gheys run screaming from the club! ;D
    Somehow I don't think Delta GoodRIM has tits that would scare any gay boys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Endless possibilities here Snyp. Brian could have been in the audience in his glittery frock and dislikered all the attention she was getting, and decided to call it in himself. ;)

Think "the breakup" when Jen Aniston gets a phone-call from her friend to kill the date..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

There would have been a fair few flaming homosexuals had there really been a bomb ;):D:););) <---- Is this enough smileys? I don't want Rb to call me a homophobe.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Well I was hoping to walk through Georges St. from Dame St. but got stopped at the cordon...

"Sorry sir".. said the cop ... "But I'll have to block your passage"...

:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

my god talk about taking something seriously!!!my honest opinion is tha all of you thinking that its awrong to say that stiuation is funny are taking it completely overboard yes those people were scared but god you wernt there where you??they were most definately delighted with the free dink and probably love that something so dramatic happened to tell the next day!!!

what an amazing joke!!by the way i was in the george........it NEVER happend!!!!!!!!!

ha ha ha ha ha ha

spell check to Ruthie Ruth please, oh, and someone take away her exclamation button.

/ RB owns this thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Ive seen refrence to this Jigsaw in the last few days but dont know what its about..

linky???

It got deleted. Only Jigsaw himself can get it back now...
    gixerfixer wrote: »
    I thought OP's post was funny.Does that mean i hate homosexuals:confused:

No it just means you're extreme easy to amuse.
    eoin_s wrote: »
    This is what happens when you say "tbh" all the time. It's hard to tell when you really are being honest.

:pac:
    spell check to Ruthie Ruth please, oh, and someone take away her exclamation button.

/ RB owns this thread

o/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Rb wrote: »
    It got deleted. Only Jigsaw himself can get it back now...
    Think its best it never comes back, its a boards legend now that will be passed on through word of mouth through the ages :D
    I'm pretty happy I was online when it happened to participate in it :cool:

Mairt wrote: »
    Well I was hoping to walk through Georges St. from Dame St. but got stopped at the cordon...

"Sorry sir".. said the cop ... "But I'll have to block your passage"...

:eek:

Thats a bummer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

LadyE wrote: »
    I just thought he was gay :confused:

LMFAO.................Busted RB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,340 ✭✭✭Homer

Ah reminds me of an episode of the simpsons...

Remember the one where Moe robbed Homers cocktail idea?

In this case it would have been more flaming ho-mo than flaming mo.. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭shoegirl

Was in the queue outside myself until 11pm, and gave up and went to the official gig in the Tivoli after 90 minutes of exasperating queueing. From the frustration of the many outside, I wouldn't be surprised if some queen, bitter at not getting in, decided to ring up and pretend to have planted a bomb. I wouldn't be 100% surprised. There are some crazy queens out there.

Wouldn't laugh though, I occasionally used to drink in the Admiral Duncan in London, which was the site of the awful Soho bomb in the 90s in which several people were killed. Its not funny to be a target.

Didn't see anybody beating the crap out of anybody in that area, then again that doesn't mean it wasn't happening elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭david_the_great

shoegirl wrote: »
    Was in the queue outside myself until 11pm, and gave up and went to the official gig in the Tivoli after 90 minutes of exasperating queueing. From the frustration of the many outside, I wouldn't be surprised if some queen, bitter at not getting in, decided to ring up and pretend to have planted a bomb. I wouldn't be 100% surprised. There are some crazy queens out there.

Wouldn't laugh though, I occasionally used to drink in the Admiral Duncan in London, which was the site of the awful Soho bomb in the 90s in which several people were killed. Its not funny to be a target.

Didn't see anybody beating the crap out of anybody in that area, then again that doesn't mean it wasn't happening elsewhere.

yeah the tivoli was the official place and there was no queue- i was in there

there was nobody beating the crap out of anyone it was a joke i think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I heard it was a hoax caused by someone who was peeved that they were stuck in the city centre for an hour cos of that damned parade and had to listen to the s**tty techno music they were playing while stuck on the bus.

LIKE SRSLY, we need to stop all thses parades, marches, protests and whatnot on oconnell street, the phoenix park is available for such nonsense

• Advertisement

Bambi wrote: »
    I heard it was a hoax caused by someone who was peeved that they were stuck in the city centre for an hour cos of that damned parade and had to listen to the s**tty techno music they were playing while stuck on the bus.

LIKE SRSLY, we need to stop all thses parades, marches, protests and whatnot on oconnell street, the phoenix park is available for such nonsense

not at all we need to have these parades/marches/protests in the heart of the city for everyone to see- which is the point if us doing them! doing it in phoenix park would be like doing it in an ampty field! what would be the point

and i also beg to differ that these things are "nonsense"

as well as this- the bus routes would have been changed so as not to affect anyone !!!

not at all we need to have these parades/marches/protests in the heart of the city for everyone to see- which is the point if us doing them! doing it in phoenix park would be like doing it in an ampty field! what would be the point

and i also beg to differ that these things are "nonsense"

as well as this- the bus routes would have been changed so as not to affect anyone !!!

Actually the parades ARE nonsense.Whats the point of people having a parade based on your sexuality?You dont here of "Straight Pride" now do you?And maybe,just maybe "everybody" doesnt WANT to see it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Actually the parades ARE nonsense.Whats the point of people having a parade based on your sexuality?You dont here of "Straight Pride" now do you?And maybe,just maybe "everybody" doesnt WANT to see it..

Perhaps when straight people are victimised for their sexual orientation and are dissalowed basic rights because of this then there will be a 'straight pride'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭dreamr

i was there, and they closed off the street, and evactauted everyone, even from near bars. no one was allowed back in for around an hour and a half, (i snuck into the dragon, it was raining outside) and then we all got free drink when we were allowed back in, clearly a load of the crowd went home. but at least it was a nice end to the night, knowing that the George survived another bomb scare.

well dont go into town on pride day then- and you wont see it

gay pride is not based on our proudness of our sexuality-

it is to commemorate our proudness of it being legalised due to a riot that
    happened in new york 25 years ago!

it is also an act of protest for equal rights that we STILL do not hold

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

You dont here of "Straight Pride" now do you?

Every weekend is Straight Pride weekend for me! :D

Or at least it would be if the wimmins weren't so damn picky :(

panda100 wrote: »
    Perhaps when straight people are victimised for their sexual orientation and are dissalowed basic rights because of this then there will be a 'straight pride'.

good point

the point of the parade is that gay people want to be seen as equals to straight people. we're marching so we can have the same fundamental civil rights that you are born with. a civil partnership is not that same as marriage. and the reason we march is to high light the message we were trying to get across.

dreamr wrote: »
    the point of the parade is that gay people want to be seen as equals to straight people. we're marching so we can have the same fundamental civil rights that you are born with. a civil partnership is not that same as marriage. and the reason we march is to high light the message we were trying to get across.

Can I just ask what exactly are the differences between a marriage and civil partnership?Im not to sure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭PeadarofAodh

a civil partnership is not that same as marriage.

And there's a number of good reasons for that.

...Waits for massive amount of angry responses

• Advertisement

a civil partnership is not that same as marriage.

And there's a number of good reasons for that.

...Waits for massive amount of angry responses

name the good reasons

theres a big difference. (i'm just gonna but and paste, cos i'm off to lunch)

If a couple marries in one state and travels to another, no one will question their status. If one is admitted to a hospital on a holiday trip, the authority of the other is acknowledged. They are married and the concept holds true world-wide. Where as if your in a civil partnership, the ability of one person to act on behalf of the other, and the life-and-death decisions people sometimes have to make, are all up for question.

The most insulting aspect of the Civil Partnership bill is, unlike marriage, Civil Partnerships are explicitly forbidden by law to take place in the context of a religious ceremony!

http://kingfriday.co.uk/marriage-and-civil-partnerships

http://www.jilir.org/docs/vol1no1-2/JILIR%201(1-2)%20Norrie-Marriage%20and%20Civil%20Partnership%20for%20Same-Sex%20Couples.pdf

just google it. :p

well dont go into town on pride day then- and you wont see it

gay pride is not based on our proudness of our sexuality-

it is to commemorate our proudness of it being legalised due to a riot that
    happened in new york 25 years ago!

it is also an act of protest for equal rights that we STILL do not hold

What equal rights?You can do everything straight people can do except perhaps get married.I dont see the need to constantly inflict allusions to your sexuality on everybody else.

and PeadarofAodh, i don't think you'll get angry responses. People will just see that you are quite ignorant. (and please look up the word ignorant in the dictionary before you tell me your not.)

Why do you WANT to get married so badly?If you love each other enough surely it deosnt matter what the catholic church thinks of the status of your relationship.Anyway,surely marraige is all about raising children?

What equal rights?You can do everything straight people can do except perhaps get married.I dont see the need to constantly inflict allusions to your sexuality on everybody else.

the reason we have to inflict them is to spread the word about this etc- yes exactly we cant get married- it is not a right of 10% of us in ireland- and it should be! and how do people get things legalised- publicity and marches etc etc and then possibly a refrendum! small mindedness, honestly

Why do you WANT to get married so badly?If you love each other enough surely it deosnt matter what the catholic church thinks of the status of your relationship.Anyway,surely marraige is all about raising children?

this is nothing to do with the catholic church! its about family values- adopton- etc etc the church will never recognise us as married- we get that- as well as that only married couples can adopt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Anyway,surely marraige is all about raising children?

What if you cant have children? What is marriage about then?

if marriage is an irrelevant part of life (if people love each other) why does anyone get married??

• Advertisement

if marriage is an irrelevant part of life (if people love each other) why does anyone get married??

Cos of the enormous economic benefits there is to having a legal,married life partner

panda100 wrote: »
    Cos of the enormous economic benefits there is to having a legal,married life partner

exactly- and thats why we want equal marriage righs

Usually to start a family,as a result of a union between man and woman.A gay couple cant do that and there are people(not myself neccesarily) who think that a same sex union is unnatural and utterly not condusive to bringing up normal children.

gazzer wrote: »
    Anyway,surely marraige is all about raising children?

What if you cant have children? What is marriage about then?

gay people are just like real people, and they can get pregrant as well. It's also about adoptive rights, people please use your brains.

Tax benefits were put in place to encourage marriage between opposite-sex couples which in turn encourages production of children. AFAIK same-sex partnerships are not permitted to adopt, neither can they produce children...so why should they receive tax benefits?

I would be of the opinion that a male-female upbringing of a child is more balanced than a male-male/female-female situation but then that's just me.

Please don't take this as an attack on the gay community - I've debated this with numerous gay friends of mine constructively without being attacked for my views. I'm not bothered replying to such comments.

"and please look up the word ignorant in the dictionary before you tell me your not"

I really don't feel the need to defend myself against comments like this.

Usually to start a family,as a result of a union between man and woman.A gay couple cant do that and there are people(not myself neccesarily) who think that a same sex union is unnatural and utterly not condusive to bringing up normal children.

define normal?

not to start a family to receive economic benefits- gone are the days when peopl had children withn wedlock!

same sex union is unnatural-i agree- which is why i am fighting for same sex marriage!

furthermore PeadarofAodh (this is not an attack i am also xpressing my views) it has been proven very recently in europe that childrn don't need a mother and a father for a balanced upbringing, and it is also no inflicted upon us to be gay, it is a genetic inheretence

• Advertisement

gay people are just like real people, and they can get pregrant as well. It's also about adoptive rights, people please use your brains.

gay people are real people you should have said hahaha

Tax benefits were put in place to encourage marriage between opposite-sex couples which in turn encourages production of children. AFAIK same-sex partnerships are not permitted to adopt, neither can they produce children...so why should they receive tax benefits?

I would be of the opinion that a male-female upbringing of a child is more balanced than a male-male/female-female situation but then that's just me.

Please don't take this as an attack on the gay community - I've debated this with numerous gay friends of mine constructively without being attacked for my views. I'm not bothered replying to such comments.

"and please look up the word ignorant in the dictionary before you tell me your not"

I really don't feel the need to defend myself against comments like this.

I agree.Without attacking anybody's beliefs that fact is that parents are reponsible for the lion's share of thir children's education.If children perceive homsexuality to be the norm it'll cause them a huge amount of trouble in the real world.For example,sexual education in school..they wont understand the concept of two opposite sex couples bacuse thats not what they're used to seeing.They'll be at a massive disadvantage emotionally and educationally to say nothing of the attention they'll encounter from children thier own age with normal parents.I'm not saying i feel the situation is right,merely that thats the way it has been done for thousands of years.

define normal?

Capable of procreation with a view to furthering mankind.What would happen if everybody was gay?The poulation would die out.Thats why you cant have children i 'm afarid.

furthermore PeadarofAodh (this is not an attack i am also xpressing my views) it has been proven very recently in europe that childrn don't need a mother and a father for a balanced upbringing, and it is also no inflicted upon us to be gay, it is a genetic inheretence

"Very recently" being the key words here. We have thousands of years of history bringing children up traditionally. I'd tend to go with the tried and tested.

"Genetic inheritance"...bit off topic but I'm 99.9% sure this hasn't been proven.

I agree.Without attacking anybody's beliefs that fact is that parents are reponsible for the lion's share of thir children's education.If children perceive homsexuality to be the norm it'll cause them a huge amount of trouble in the real world.For example,sexual education in school..they wont understand the concept of two opposite sex couples bacuse thats not what they're used to seeing.They'll be at a massive disadvantage emotionally and educationally to say nothing of the attention they'll encounter from children thier own age with normal parents.I'm not saying i feel the situation is right,merely that thats the way it has been done for thousands of years.

incorrect- we like you will not have sex in front of our children, therefore, no child understands about sex until they go to school, they wil be stronger minded and more accepting to gay people out in the real world as they go grow up,due to the fact that they are used to it, and they will have the same feelings towards men and women as they hit adolescence therefore nothing will change, apart from they will have two mums/dads, In years to come it should be a normal thing to be gay, noone will have to come out, and it won't be a big deal, sally having two mommys will be normal etc etc and yes this has been a nomal thing for thousands of years but thats we we campaign, for change

just like the way african slaves did and as i am sure many others will in the future for a more equal life that suits them, and their circumstances

• Advertisement
Advertisement