Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

McConveys

• 22-06-2008 5:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭

Is delivery really free, or am I doing something wrong?
    Does anyone have any experience with them?

What state do the bikes get delivered in, fully built except the pedals or something? How long does delivery normally take?

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

I bought off them a few years back, went up and collected the bike though. Nice guys. Presumably bike will be delivered with wheels, bars and pedals removed...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,525 ✭✭✭daymobrew

A friend went to the shop recently. Got the bike set up for him. Probably worth the trip for that reason (and you get get cheap beer too).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

McConveys are selling beer now? Awesome!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 641 ✭✭✭cgc5483

goo wrote: »
    Is delivery really free, or am I doing something wrong?
    Does anyone have any experience with them?

What state do the bikes get delivered in, fully built except the pedals or something? How long does delivery normally take?

Does anyone know what courier McConveys use?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Rang em Saturday about a bike in a certain size. Said they'd ring me back in 20 mins, still waiting. :rolleyes:
    It can happen though. Their prices are very good compared with down here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 pool1

I have heard a couple of stories about people avoiding McConveys because they can be rude.

I ignored these and had some recent dealings with them. However, some staff have a major attitude problem. I will be using bike dock in future. I found McConvey's unreliable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Bunnyhopper

pool1 wrote: »
    I have heard a couple of stories about people avoiding McConveys because they can be rude.

I ignored these and had some recent dealings with them. However, some staff have a major attitude problem. I will be using bike dock in future. I found McConvey's unreliable.

You joined February 2006 but that's your first ever post here? Do you work for Bike Dock by any chance? :D

I've been in both Bike Dock and McConvey's and found both to be good. I didn't encounter rudeness in either shop. I haven't got mail order from McConvey's though, so I can't comment on that.

(If you want good beer then I'd recommend the Vineyard off-licence on the Ormeau Road - great range.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭650Ginge

You joined February 2006 but that's your first ever post here? Do you work for Bike Dock by any chance? :D

I've been in both Bike Dock and McConvey's and found both to be good. I didn't encounter rudeness in either shop. I haven't got mail order from McConvey's though, so I can't comment on that.

(If you want good beer then I'd recommend the Vineyard off-licence on the Ormeau Road - great range.)

I didn't buy from McConveys either because they were rude, I dont work in bike dock either. But the thing that took the biscuit was the way they treat a guy who rode in with a puncture, obviously foreign, under no circumstances would they consider fixing it. It was beating down with rain outside and the poor fella was soak, how long would it take to stick in a tube. The old fella that works there is a right grump.

Admittedly 3 years ago, things may have changed. Bike dock was ok no more than that, but strange range of bikes.

Advertisement