Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Tax Advisors out there??

• 22-06-2008 6:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 44

I have completed 3rd year of my degree in Business and Accounting in IT Tallaght and am contimplating my options after doing the final year for an honours degree.

My two options that appeal the most currently are Tax advisor or to go into secondary school teaching.

I guess Im looking for some pointers on what the training contract might be like for the tax professional exams? Is there realistically an option NOT to work in Dublin city? And an overview of what the career is really like would be fantastic....

Also feel free to add anything about a career in accounting that you feel may be helpful....

Thanks in advance!

Comments

A career in accountany is rewarding, challenging and interesting, as long as your heart is in it, and you are not doing it for the wrong reasons! (Salary, status etc...)

Think before doing any professional accountancy or tax exams, they are a long, but ultimately rewarding road.

The first thing to think about - did you enjoy the financial reporting / taxation modules in your degree?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Chitterchatter

I can't see myself doing accounting or management accounting for the next thirty years, the nexy year will be pushing it. However I could say that I even enjoyed the tax modules.

It's coming to that time to finally decide what I want to do and Im really unsure.

I'm trying to get a grasp of what a career as a tax adviser would be like... really like, rather than reading profiles on the websites of the big 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

pm me

Advertisement