Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mulching Petrol Mowers

Options
  • 22-06-2008 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Anybodyknow anything about these and which is best one for a medium size lawn?:confused::confused::confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Moved.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭muggyog

Where?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Frieler

Not sure if your question is to Karoma or me!!
    But I'm in the Dublin area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭WhatsGoingOn

Frieler wrote: »
    Anybodyknow anything about these and which is best one for a medium size lawn?:confused::confused::confused:

I got a Viking (made by Stihl) mulching mower about a month ago and am very happy with it. It has double blades, so cuts the grass even finer than a normal mulching mower. My lawn is just over 1/3 of an acre and takes about 1 hour to cut with this mower.

Where did you buy it and are they very expensive??

• Advertisement

Where did you buy it and are they very expensive??
    I bought it in Flemings in Naas for €780, not cheap, but it cuts the lawn nearly twice as fast as my previous mower because it is a self drive model with variable speed. I can't remember the exact model I have.

I wonder can you get a non self propelled as the exercise would do me good, but with a key start or similar, as the recoil one I've had for years can be hard enough to start, I end up having to wait for a male to help me, as much as I love males I hate being a helpless female

I wonder can you get a non self propelled as the exercise would do me good, but with a key start or similar, as the recoil one I've had for years can be hard enough to start, I end up having to wait for a male to help me, as much as I love males I hate being a helpless female
    Yes, you can get the same lawnmower that is not self propelled, but I'd advise you to get the self propelled if you can. When you have it then you can use it or not (You might be mixing up self propelled with Ride-on?)

Advertisement