Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grub up!! Whats your fave fishing snacks?

Options
  • 22-06-2008 6:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭

Sometimes i bring the big cast iron frying pan and huge ex army kettle along with the grate i made: i like to make a wee campfire first if im gonna be settled into a spot for the day/night. its nice to have a kettle on the boil and a wee bag full of teabags/sugar/cup-a-soups etc. there is something about the tea by the lakeside, its better than bewleys!

i also usually bring rakes of sausages/rashers and batch bread/butter if im goin overnight, and if ye happen to catch a couple of perch.... fried perch on batch/brown bread with real butter....mmm!

so whats your favourite fishing grub to bring? is it just a packet of tayto and can of coke or do you like to go the whole hog?

(edited to add: ill stick it on the hunting forum too, i hunt also, and be interesting to see what people eat on their days out)!.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

I always forget to bring food and have been forced to retire early due to starvation. Allthough last night we had a mars bar and a mint crisp between 3 of us! Someone in Dalkey was having a serious bbq we wanted to ask them to grill a few of our mackerel for us!

I guess ya cant bate a hang sangwich, a packet o' Tayto and a tin of fantana

Advertisement