Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Logic pro ultra beat question

Options
  • 22-06-2008 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭

I have a kit selected in ultra beat and I am wondering how I can change just the snare and leave the rest of the drum kit the same?? Maybe Trackmix studio (Michael) or someone holds the answer?

Cheers for your time

Dav

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭trackmixstudio

Hi Dav,
    always happy to help!
    Select the sample you want to replace (or slot you want to load into) on the left of the interface. Then at the bottom left of the editing area you will see "slope" "saturation" etc controls. Phase osc is selected at the bottom by default. Select sample and where it says "no sample loaded" or the name of the currently loaded sample, just click there on the text and a popup menu will let you load a different sample.
    If you have trouble following this just post again and I will use screen shots.
    Michael

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭dav nagle

Right I will give this a try now, thanks Michael, if I have any problems I'll be back!!. By the way is there training for Logic coming up I am getting very hungry! What a great program it is too.

Hi Dav,
    always happy to help!
    Select the sample you want to replace (or slot you want to load into) on the left of the interface. Then at the bottom left of the editing area you will see "slope" "saturation" etc controls. Phase osc is selected at the bottom by default. Select sample and where it says "no sample loaded" or the name of the currently loaded sample, just click there on the text and a popup menu will let you load a different sample.
    If you have trouble following this just post again and I will use screen shots.
    Michael

Ok I did everything and all worked well accept the sample hasn't loaded itself onto the key I selected?? I loaded the sample and could hear it (e.g.) tom but when i click on the keyboard it is not actually loaded there, what am I missing? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭ICN

Obvious suggestion Dav.. I'm sure you've tried it Mate -

Is it on a different octave on the Kboard? :confused:

ICN wrote: »
    Obvious suggestion Dav.. I'm sure you've tried it Mate -

Is it on a different octave on the Kboard? :confused:

It could easily be that but from what Trackmix is saying and correct me if I am wrong

1. Select the key sample on the left that I wish to change, then load a sample i.e. tom from bottom left , all that works fine but for some reason the sample I load doesn't change on the keyboard on the left.

I really need to change samples as I cant keep using the same snare, its getting old!! I am freaked out, what am I doing wrong?

back in one sec just gonna check to see if it loads the sample somewhere on the upper or lower octave..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

make sure you have the section to the right of the desired key highlighted. it doesn't automatically select it when you hit the key.

I figured it out!

I was trying to put load a sample over a sample, you have to 'init' the sample you don't want on the keyboard first then load the sample you do want and it works great! Phew knowledge is creativity and without this I would have been making one of those tracks that gets boring as it gets to the end. Thanks guys :)

I love it when a plan comes together!!

I dont know if you know.. but there is a way of pulling the pattern from the step sequencer directly into the arrange window.

There is a "textured" tab beside the pattern select. I've highlighted it in the Pic.. [URL="[URL=http://img519.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ultrabeatwl3.jpg][IMG]http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/4179/ultrabeatwl3.th.jpg[/IMG][/URL]"][/url]ultrabeatwl3.th.jpg

Apologies if you already know, but its cool.. :pac::pac:

These might be handy too..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATkJTwBxZqE&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3-t-rMNxDk&feature=related

Lots of decent tutorials on You Tube.

I love it when a plan comes together!!

I dont know if you know.. but there is a way of pulling the pattern from the step sequencer directly into the arrange window.

There is a "textured" tab beside the pattern select. I've highlighted it in the Pic.. [URL="[URL=http://img519.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ultrabeatwl3.jpg][IMG]http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/4179/ultrabeatwl3.th.jpg[/IMG][/URL]"][/url]ultrabeatwl3.th.jpg

Apologies if you already know, but its cool.. :pac::pac:

These might be handy too..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATkJTwBxZqE&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3-t-rMNxDk&feature=related

Lots of decent tutorials on You Tube.
    I didn't know this, I am in unfamiliar territory with the step sequencer but I'll give it a try first thing tomorrow when my head is ready to learn more! Cheers ICN

dav nagle wrote: »
    I didn't know this, I am in unfamiliar territory with the step sequencer but I'll give it a try first thing tomorrow when my head is ready to learn more! Cheers ICN

wait til you hit the step button on that sequencer (it's in ICN's picture there). Then the fun really begins.

• Advertisement

jtsuited wrote: »
    wait til you hit the step button on that sequencer (it's in ICN's picture there). Then the fun really begins.

I am learning about side chaining on logic as we speak, its not that hard! I am consistently amazed by Logics logic!!

dav nagle wrote: »
    I am learning about side chaining on logic as we speak, its not that hard! I am consistently amazed by Logics logic!!

same here man.
    everyday i'm kickin myself for not using Logic for everything earlier. Ah well, live and learn. Side chaining is so handy in logic. No need for busses or anything.

btw, i posted a big long winded thing on sidechaining here a while ago.

same here man.
    everyday i'm kickin myself for not using Logic for everything earlier. Ah well, live and learn. Side chaining is so handy in logic. No need for busses or anything.

btw, i posted a big long winded thing on sidechaining here a while ago.

I have to say I don't think I will look at Pro tools again in a creative way, I am so happy with the overall package of Logic and added value in its capabilities. I do look at Pro tools and well I am a bit sorry saying this but Pro tools bye bye (you are nice but logic is nicer to me!) At least when we jumped into Logic the program itself was well fleshed out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭sei046

+1 Dav

sei046 wrote: »
    +1 Dav

Cheers sei046!,

Now I just have to figure out how to get my Rosetta 200 working within logic! Any takers? At the moment I have it going s/pdif into my digi 002 but I also have an MK2 sitting here unused??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Neurojazz

i'm extra wary of anything that has 'Professional' or 'Pro' in the name ;)

Neurojazz wrote: »
    i'm extra wary of anything that has 'Professional' or 'Pro' in the name ;)

+1

hee hee

Yeah - Step is brilliant - Just push the button down to select step / everything turns "yella" & you can automate the lot.

JT - Yup, Sidechaining is SO easy in Logic - Everything is great about Logic.

Wish I had of invested the money years ago in a Mac, rather than messing about.. Oh, the wasted years..

Lads -this is at risk of turning into a serious Logic Wnak-a-thon..

Hahaha! :pac::pac:

Yeah - Step is brilliant - Just push the button down to select step / everything turns "yella" & you can automate the lot.

JT - Yup, Sidechaining is SO easy in Logic - Everything is great about Logic.

Wish I had of invested the money years ago in a Mac, rather than messing about.. Oh, the wasted years..

Lads -this is at risk of turning into a serious Logic Wnak-a-thon..

Hahaha! :pac::pac:

Oh logic **** me!

Advertisement