Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any plumbers out there??

Options
  • 22-06-2008 7:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭

Okay, we bought a house 2 years ago. When we moved in there were problems with water(ie cold water was hot, pressure on boiler kept dropping)so we called the builders that done the house & it was ''fixed'', the pressure on the boiler was never great ie it never really stayed above 0.5 on the dial. Anyhew a few weeks back we noticed that the rads werent really heating so we called the energy supplier who sent out a plumber(I should add that also we wrent getting much hot water although the heating would have been on ages)so that was grand it seemed to be working again for about 2 weeks(approx, as with the warm weather the heating wasnt being used although hot water seemed to be fine)Just this evening I was running a bath & the cold water is yet again piping hot. I have been onto the energy supplier already because of the pressure on the boiler & they said that we would need to pay again as it was outside of the 60 days guarantee period, I explained that the heating wouldnt have been on due to the hot weather so we werent to notice until then....she said that she would get a supervisor to ring me back(I am refusing to pay the 190.00 repairs)yet I havent had a call. Im really annoyed about the whole thing now, Ive a 4 year old that could easily be scalded when using the cold tap!!The bottom line is that since we have moved into the house we have had nothing but trouble with the plumbing & Im fed up with being out of pocket yet the building contractors are saying that its not their problem as we are in the house too long now(although we did have them out withing the guarantee period about the exact same thing).
    Im really sorry for the long post but I need to know what could be wrong???:mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

When you say cold ,is it the cold on the kitchen sink or bathroom tap?.

Don't brush your teeth with the water and if it is the cold at the sink ,don't use it for consumption.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭beldin

The cold water being hot is possibly due to the boiler overheating the water in the cylinder. This means the hot water will expand and go back up the expansion pipe up into the cold tank in the attic.
    Is there a thermostat on the hot water part of the boiler that you could turn down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Maddison

We have no cold water at all!!Theres no water tank in the attic cause these stupid houses dont have attics!!!Im raging!!Its cost me over 300 euros the past week with plumbers coming & going, problems seem to be fixed when they leave but back to the same the next day. Grrrrrrr!!:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

Whereabouts are you living ? ,even the general area.

Advertisement