Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Central locking

Options
  • 22-06-2008 7:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭

Just was wondering about the central locking thing on my Almera. It's got a key and I press a button and it unlocks the doors. I think there is some sort of an alarm on the car and/or an immobiliser but I'm really not sure. I know the indicator lights flash briefly when I lock and unlock it. Whether this means anything I don't know.

What happens if the key stops working? Can I just get another one? Also if I try to put the key into the lock and unlock the doors instead of pressing the button, will that set the alarm off (if it even has one)?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

if it stops working you can get it repaired or buy a replacement key.
    Replacements aren't cheap though but if it stops working it'll probably just be a dead battery in the key.

As for using the key instead of the button.... try it and see?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Older Almeras (96-99)were prone to a fault in the central locking where the doors would lock themselves :eek:
    A point to be careful of if you have children in seats when you get out of the car...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Order a spare key now to avoid future headaches!!! It'll cost you €120-€150 but it will also save a whole pile of nightmares later when you lose/break/(lock into car) the key.

Advertisement