Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inner wrist tattoos...

Options
  • 22-06-2008 7:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 44

I would love to have my wrist tattooed. I have almost 50 hours work as it is. However I am only starting off in my career and as of now I haven't actually decided where my career will take me but it is pretty sure to be an office 9-5 job or secondary teaching. I assume it would be better until I am in a permanent job before getting my wrist tattooed?

I am wondering how accepting professionals are of visible (smallish) tats these days?? ANybody with experience?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

I'm working in a very oppressive/professional environment, I have no easily visible ink but have my lobes stretched and I'm made remove them. Tattoos cant be removed obviously but can be hidden, wear a watch, wristbands, jewelry if you are a woman etc. you can hide it using makeup too or dermablend seemingly works well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Chitterchatter

That doesnt sound very accepting at all. There are plenty of tactics available to hide the tat when I get it. I'd rather not have to of course.

True but if you are dealing with kids, some parents could have issues with you having visible tattoos, being a 'bad' role model etc.
    certain places simply won't hire you, again its all how you carry yourself

Oh I know - us tattooed people are guriers and will get their kids into trouble ;)

I can totally see your point and I guess there is nothing that can be done to change that. I shall put the wrist on hold for a while and then can cover it up later on down the line with jewellery etc.

Im curious to see if there is anybody that has had visible tattoos and it hasn't been an issue - I have heard that in US and even UK there isnt so much of a fuss so MAYBE things are starting to change here too...?

I do my best to blow people away at interviews and out shine anyone else, dis-spell the myth's if you will. one way around it :)

• Advertisement

LOL.... Im working on that skill still!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

im wqorking with 0-4 year olds, and have no problems with my wrist tattoo (small stars). few funny moments when the kids think ive been naughty and drawn on myself, and one fantastic one where a muslim kid asked if Allah had given me my stars :D

i usually wear lots of bracelets on that wrist anyway, and ihave to take my lipring out for 'health and safety'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭!!!

The office secretary at my old school used to wear skirts every day and she had a small design of stars or something on her calf.
    Nobody cared.
    And my PE teacher had massive swallows on her hips, which could be seen if she was wearing a particular top.
    Again, nobody cared..

/useless information.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Well im going into sixth year, and i'd say about, 60%-75% or my teachers have visable tats.
    Mostly down there arms, one chest and im sure no one would have anything to say about a tattoo on your wrist.

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

i have a tat on my wrist and it's easily covered with a watch if i need to. so far, all of my tattoos are in places that can be covered when i need to and it'll stay that way until i get a permanent job!

• Advertisement

Thanks for the input - back to the drawing board for ideas :D

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭DinoBot

I would love to have my wrist tattooed. I have almost 50 hours work as it is. However I am only starting off in my career and as of now I haven't actually decided where my career will take me but it is pretty sure to be an office 9-5 job or secondary teaching. I assume it would be better until I am in a permanent job before getting my wrist tattooed?

I am wondering how accepting professionals are of visible (smallish) tats these days?? ANybody with experience?

I work in a "professional" job and I never uncover my tattoo's. It does mean having to wear long sleeves on hot days, but thats the price you pay :)

Although its getting much more acceptable nowadays you never know what the future will hold. I would defo hold off getting visible tat's until your more settled in your career.

Advertisement