Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shiny new Connect

Options
  • 22-06-2008 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭

Thoughts?

What think ye? 17 votes

I like it
    0% 0 votes
    I hate it
    64% 11 votes
    I really, really don't care
    35% 6 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭IrishKnight

Same crappy system, different skin

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭_JOE_

First impressions...the color blue springs to mind...other than that the message service is much improved...other than that, i'm not bothered...

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭the evil lime

They finally integrated blackboard login.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I think it's bloody amazing, can't wait to make use of it during the next academic year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭stereoroid

When I first saw the Calendar function during Induction, my first question was whether it was integrated with the official calendar, so that it would show lectures etc. The answer was "no", it was only going to show events that you manually entered yourself, so it didn't do any more than e.g. your mobile phone, except that you have to log in to see it. Unless they've done some work on actually integrating the various functions, more than just links, I expect that I'll just keep bypassing UCD Connect and going straight to the specific system I need.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

As the old saying goes: you can't polish a turd.

It just looks...different, really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭TiGeR KiNgS

OK this is the comment i sent them,

''I think you guys could of gone further with it. It is a nice UI and certainly an improvement. But could you of made it customizable like Bebo etc, ie people can choose their own wallpaper skins imbed different features/themes etc? incorporate links directly to google scholor and other popular staff/student services/sites.
    Make better use of the power of the new computers with dual core cpu's, good graphics cards etc, come on guys the college didnt bring those upgrades for just vista.
    Just an opinion ;) ''

These are just off the top of my head, overall i am happy with the new look
    I certainly wont loose sleep over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

It's scaring me...

It's all huddled together and looks verrrrrry claustrophobic (sp?) LOL :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

It's hideous on a Mac (Safari) and most of the tabs seem to be missing. The UCD skin they've put on it looks like an amateur job from a web design class, it absolutely sucks. The calendar application does sync with anything bar Outlook so it's useless for me as well. IT have really got it wrong this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭gerry87

I cant log in, anyone else the same?

• Advertisement

I forgot to add on to my rant: Why the hell don't they have a normal login and password page instead of redirecting you to that crap page about how great they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

since the day i have found out they have this function mail forward to my own gmail account,i have never been there for ages :P

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I don't hate it

I don't love it

Handy the way the calendar is right there, and the BB thing is easier to get into. Apart from that it doesnt bother me once its working!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

Still ugly, still fairly useless. Its a bit busy too. The calendar could be so very much better. Even if it just had term dates, academic weeks and exam periods it'd be good, but it'd be better if it included stuff like ents/societies stuff and guest lectures on it.

You can make your own tab if you don't like the layout, and you can set the tab as being the default one. They really hired a chimp to design the interface though - it's just horrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

Red Alert wrote: »
    It's hideous on a Mac (Safari) and most of the tabs seem to be missing. The UCD skin they've put on it looks like an amateur job from a web design class, it absolutely sucks. The calendar application does sync with anything bar Outlook so it's useless for me as well. IT have really got it wrong this time.
    Edit: I had a big rant here about things being blank in Safari, but it turns out it was just my proxy blocking it. I also sent a comment about the blankness to UCD... oops :o

Oh well, I really don't care, doesn't change much for me. If it crashes less like they say it will that'll be a big improvement though.

That's strange because I've no proxy on it at all. :confused:

Actually if anyone's looking for an easier page to login from I found one:

https://cp.ucd.ie/cp/home/displaylogin

I'm working on a javascript file to save your password because connect seems to have disabled the ability to do so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭aequinoctium

they pimped it up man

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

It's even more cluttered that before; things aren't so easy to find... Could have gone much further than they did... We live in hope!

• Advertisement
Advertisement