Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stupidest Choking Hazard Ever

Options
  • 22-06-2008 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83,136 ✭✭✭✭

legosnacks.jpg
    Lil' Gabe is 3 and a half now and so it's very important that we always have a ready supply of fruit snacks. If we're out shopping or at the bank or whatever, fruit snacks have the ability to soothe the savage three year old. We like to let Gabe pick out his own fruit snacks and he usually will choose Spider-Man or maybe SpongeBob. However I came home recently and found these in the pantry.
    I would love to know what sick bastard at Kellogg's came up with this genius idea. I just spent the first three years of my sons life trying to get him not to eat blocks, and now you're telling him they taste like fúcking strawberries. Thanks a lot assholes. Seriously, how in the hell did this ever get past their legal department. You can't tell me that this isn't a lawsuit just waiting to happen. I can only assume that their next product is fruit flavored thumbtacks.

These recently went on sale in the United States.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Peared

Surely a joke!

If not, then :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Seriously stupid idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

If you're giving lego small enough to swallow to a kid young enough to do it and not supervising them like a hawk etc.

Peared wrote: »
    Surely a joke!

If not, then :eek:

http://www2.kelloggs.com/Product/ProductDetail.aspx?product=8213

Made by Kellogg's apparently.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

nesf wrote: »
    If you're giving lego small enough to swallow to a kid young enough to do it and not supervising them like a hawk etc.

Very true. It is graying the line between what's food and what's a toy though.

Stupidest product I've seen in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

It beggars belief. What's more is that in the US this stuff is normally subjected to a thorough focus group process where end-users (ie, mammies) would have a significant input into the product development & marketing.

And not one of them thought to say - "Hang on a sec, my little Shaquille/Dwight/Britney/LaSheniece may confuse them with the real thing & choke to death!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭di11on

I wonder do the sweets stick together like Lego... that could be fun :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭DinoBot

Lost for words :eek::eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭UsedtobePC

di11on wrote: »
    I wonder do the sweets stick together like Lego... that could be fun :-)

Dunno but you can buy Lego jelly moulds that produce 2x2in bricks. Try building a wall with those. It is fun but it get very messy very quickly :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Um, maybe people should buy their kids real fruit? Simpler and healthier tbh. Penny Arcade is great, innit?

• Registered Users Posts: 83,136 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

UsedtobePC wrote: »
    Dunno but you can buy Lego jelly moulds that produce 2x2in bricks. Try building a wall with those. It is fun but it get very messy very quickly :D

I just got this image of building a giant wall of jelly....and driving a car into it :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

simu wrote: »
    Um, maybe people should buy their kids real fruit? Simpler and healthier tbh. Penny Arcade is great, innit?

I disagree.

Advertisement