Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three Mobile Broadband - Free DVD Player

Options
  • 22-06-2008 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Three Mobile Broadband - Free DVD Player - Three.ie only

Does anyone know what the specs of the Dvd palyer are? Is it a cheap €30 job or a branded beauty?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 988 ✭✭✭IsThatSo?

I couldn't find any info on the site about it. That in itself makes it suspect to me, I would therefore assume it was a cheap one, if it was a high end one surely they would be shouting about it!!!

I seriously considered getting the Three pay as you go just for occasional use but from what I see here its not worth the heartbreak.

Did anyone every get reliable service from it? Would be looking at using it in Gorey area and coverage on the map doesn't look too good.

Tks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

IsThatSo? wrote: »
    I couldn't find any info on the site about it. That in itself makes it suspect to me, I would therefore assume it was a cheap one, if it was a high end one surely they would be shouting about it!!!

I seriously considered getting the Three pay as you go just for occasional use but from what I see here its not worth the heartbreak.

Did anyone every get reliable service from it? Would be looking at using it in Gorey area and coverage on the map doesn't look too good.

Tks

Ive actually used one in Gorey, haven't had too much experience of it because it wasn't mine (I wouldn't buy one :D). It seemed to be pretty usable generally, though plenty of having to refresh pages and time outs. Ive used it a few times over the last month or two and generally its connecting at at around 400-700kbits.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Icdb

they should give me a free dvd player for staying with them for over 12 months through all the hassle.... I'm stoppin my contract as soon as my new O2 one arrives this week

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

DVD players start at €25

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

watty wrote: »
    DVD players start at €25
    And its probably costing them a whole lot less than that even.

In my eyes this promotion seems to smell of desperation. I'm sure a lot of people are now coming up to the end of the 12 month minimum contract because it was this time last year that they brought in their 20 euro a month package and their popularity surged.

• Advertisement
Advertisement