Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cafe/pubs in asbourne

Options
  • 22-06-2008 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭

hi,
    where would you bring someone for a drink on a tuesday night in ashbourne? i'm to assume there's no cafe open in the evening (as this is a rare thing).i know i'm asking for a lot on a tuesday nite in Commuterville but...
    if in navan i'd go to somewhere like berminghams (small with character so never seems too empty) mid-week, anywhere remotely similar in Ash?
    thanks,
    Kate

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Meself? I'd go the whole hog and have a feed at Eat Zen and maybe even attack the Kareoke bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

You could try Cork's. Its a wine bar. They serve tapas and do good coffee too.

http://www.tasteofireland.com/frontend/restaurants/show/101-Corks-Cafe-and-Wine-Bar-

Eatzen is nice, but I think it's very expensive. If you are after grub, head to La Bucca.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Kate253

quote:
    "You could try Cork's. Its a wine bar. They serve tapas and do good coffee too.

http://www.tasteofireland.com/fronte...-and-Wine-Bar-"

Hi Mick ,
    thanks, it looks good. tried to phone and no answer. do you know if it's open on tuesday nites and where in the village is it??
    thanks,
    K

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

where would you bring someone for a drink on a tuesday night

As far away from Ashbourne as you can get;)
    You should head to The Auld Stand in Ratoath instead, lovley place and always has a good athmosphere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Kate253 wrote: »
    Hi Mick ,
    thanks, it looks good. tried to phone and no answer. do you know if it's open on tuesday nites and where in the village is it??
    thanks,
    K

Sorry - was offline for a few days. Did you mange to find it? Or where did you end up going?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Kate253

yeah, found it thanks. nice spot! only thing is, there was a wine-tasting thingy going on, so we were put in a corner, i think out of the way, cos we weren't drinking the wine! :)
    Kate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭pissed

Eatzen is nice, but I think it's very expensive. If you are after grub, head to La Bucca.

La Bucca......Highly recommend the piri piri chicken wings :D, they do a special I think on tues/weds wings and a pint of erndinger (not sure of the spelling) for a tenner. Just in case you need somewhere to go again :p

Advertisement