Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bike shops

• 22-06-2008 8:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭

With the recent loss of the Transalp I am still in need of a back up for the KLE. The last two bikes prior to the Transalp were new and I got them form bike world. Yeah I know peoples opinion on them.

So I branched out and got the Transalp for J P Motorbikes. I was pleased will the level of service and anything I wanted do was, and they seemed helpful enough.

So I'm back on the prowl for another bike over the coming months, anybody got any recommendations re shops? Or the flip side horror stories.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Hi Odysseus,

I picked my Bandit up in Tallaght Super bikes, www.tsba.ie.

Great service and really helpful. Was the first bike I bought and was never under the impression that they were taking the mick!

Would definitely go out to have a chat with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

I've bought two bikes from JP and would buy again. Most recent was a wing three weeks ago. When I picked it up he said he's noticed the front tyre needed changing and to come back when he got it in, I hadn't noticed, so he basically supplied and fitted a tyre he didn't need to free, I went back in last week and said the screen wasn't in the best condition,he gave me one there and then. Bought a new rear tyre after getting a puncture and driving on it and he supplied and fitted at cost,nearly 60 quid off.Couldn't recommend him high enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Try Scott's bikes in Harolds Cross (where capital used to be) or else Megabikes! Have used both and don't have a bad word to say about them

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Niall06

Got present bike from Paul Ryans @ JFK Ind Est, good service:)

Got bike before that from Motomax, bad service, avoid:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

Thanks for the replies guys, sorry for the delay in getting back to the topic I was out of the country for a few day and had limited net access.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

Niall06 wrote: »
    Got present bike from Paul Ryans @ JFK Ind Est, good service:)

Got bike before that from Motomax, bad service, avoid:mad:

bought a cbr 250rr off motomax, clean bike, but service was lacking. I brought it up to get carbs done and tyres fitted and the bike came out dirtier than it went in. I never took the bike for a spin until i brought it home. (IN A HORSEBOX!!!!- musta been some sight in Churchtown) There was a big flat spot after 10k revs, might i just say i was dissapointed at that. I rang them back and I was told "oh yeah we think its a rev limiter" and they were willling to take it back the following weekend, fair enough.

One of my mates in work is a mechanic and he said the needles weren't adjusted properly. He was right. Motomax sorted the problem - dirt in the carbs, I was told.

Advertisement