Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fogged up windows

Options
  • 22-06-2008 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

wonder if anyone can help me.

Am driving a VW passat 03 and the windows are fogging up really badly lately i have the air on full bast to the windows to no avail.

gets really bad when raining and consensation is crazy.

Wha can i do to fix it.

Thanks

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Have you got the recirculated air on? I find my windows fog up really badly if I put it on, even if I've got the fans on too.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭wittymoniker

any air conditioning in your car? works a treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

03 Passats had climate controlled air con afaik. Check that the settings are correct.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Hi...
    I'd look at 2 things...
    1.. Any leaks?, go round carpet with hands and see, speficically a problem with leaves/gunk blocking front bulk-head drain which then leaks into cabin.. Look under bonnet between EMU & battery, this area shouldnt hold any water..Mine blocked but I cleared before any problems happened.
    2.. If you cant find leaks/damp anywhere. Has the pollen filter been changed, if this clogs up it will seriously reduce the effect of the blower system, thus maybe the need to have it on a higher setting? Happend to mine and was very frustrating.. €20 for filter and all good again.

Hope this helps...

bam

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

+1 on the pollen filter! toyota have similar problem easily fixed. DIY job....in toyota anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭madds

OP, had this exact same problem for 2 years in 00 Passat. Brought the car to multiple garages but they couldn't find a problem. Eventually, once guy tracked it down to an incorrectly fitted pollen filter...it had cracked when they were putting it on and the water was getting in that way.

So we replaced the filter thinking all would be good, but a couple of months later during Nov/Dec 2007 during heavy rain the condensation problem came back. Got a neighbour of mine who is a mechanic to look at it, and he resorted to taking the seats, centre console, and carpet out and let them dry for 2-3 days.

Haven't had a problem since, but I understand your frustration. The car is literally a death trap during heavy rain when that condensation kicks in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

bbam wrote: »
    Hi...
    Any leaks?, go round carpet with hands and see

+1 - check the front passenger footwell for wetness

Advertisement