Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VRT calc- help please

Options
  • 22-06-2008 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭

I know this is a bike related question but we all know it's the boys here know about such things.

I brought a bike over from Wales last week. I brought the paperwork to the VRO in Cork** They told me over the phone that I wouldn't have to present the bike.

Before I bought it, I guessed for VRT purpouses it was registered in March. The bike was actually registered on the 26/06/2001. Almost 7 years old to the day. My guessed date showed VRT of €350. The actual is €525:mad:. Draft in hand, not accepting cash/ visa strikes again. Thanks for the uncivil service:mad::mad:

Having played around with the site for a while, it seems to me that if the bike turned 7 before it was registered here (as of today, entering 22/07/01 it's 40% cheaper than entering 23/06/01). They wouldn't ell me that:mad::mad::mad:

Since I didn't have the moola, the reg process had to be parked. If I wait until Thursday, the VRT calculator will show it to be €350 again.

Could I try waiting until Thursday and trying them again- I got lip from them when I complained and had the whole process that I told them I know backwards explained to me like I was a child over and over again and I'm determined to not let them away with it:mad::mad::mad::mad:

**they've moved to Blackpool, btw and if you ring about another matter and tell them you're on the way, they WON'T volunteer this- giving additional information probably isn't in their contracts of employment, bless 'em. PS, when they say they're open at lunchtime, it's a lie- they're open but that doesn't mean they're working- 3rd in Q meant waiting over an hour- I was only there at lunchtime because I had to cross the city at 12:30 because they wou;ldn't tell me they'd moved:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Just go to a different VRO. They'll accept payment by Laser.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

For the record- the file got shelved until today and the bike was reg'd for €350 despite the best efforts of that unhelpful, officious twat I met last week.

He started getting snotty from the beginning and I knew he was going to play every dirty trick in the book to pull one over and get the extra €200 they wanted last week but I was ready for him:D This may be the only time in my ENTIRE life that I will fight a civil servant and win so, as you can imagine, I'm pretty happy with my day's dealings:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Cool. :)

Advertisement