Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Changing Head Unit

Options
  • 22-06-2008 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have a single DIN Alpine headunit at the moment. I want to upgrade to a new model Alpine headunit (single DIN also).

I got a quote from a shop for €850, but I can buy it online for €600. In order to save €250 I was going to buy it online and install it myself.

Seeing as both headunits are the same size (I presume DIN is a standard size) and their both Alpine...I presume it will be a simple procedure?

I took my current headunit out to have a look the other day....there's an Alpine iPod lead, antenna lead, power, speaker connections and two leads to a sub.

Is it a simple procedure or is there something I'm missing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,903 ✭✭✭✭L1011

DIN is a German-government defined standard size (DIN is actually the name of their standards agency!), and I'd presume the connections Alpine use are the same across their units - theres ISO standard antenna and power/speaker connections ('ISO blocks'); and subwoofer connections are generally just RCA cables.

Advertisement