Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guitar Hero Aerosmith Track List

Options
  • 23-06-2008 12:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭

No chance in hell I'm getting this, unless Xtravision are renting it, or 6 months later when its in the bargain bin (and it will be there, mark my words...)

Here is the full track list, just announced. Game is out at the end of July in Europe.

Tier 1: “Getting the Band Together” (Nipmuc High School)
    1. “All the Young Dudes” by Mott the Hoople (cover)
    2. “Draw the Line” by Aerosmith
    3. “Dream Police” by Cheap Trick
    4. “Make It” by Aerosmith (re-recorded)
    5. “Uncle Salty” by Aerosmith

Tier 2: “First Taste of Success” (Max’s Kansas City)
    6. “All Day and All of the Night” by The Kinks (cover)
    7. “I Hate Myself for Loving You” by Joan Jett
    8. “Movin’ Out” by Aerosmith (re-recorded)
    9. “No Surprize” by Aerosmith
    10. “Sweet Emotion” by Aerosmith

Tier 3: “The Triumphant Return” (The Orpheum)
    11. “Complete Control” by The Clash
    12. “Livin’ on the Edge” by Aerosmith
    13. “Love in an Elevator” by Aerosmith
    14. “Personality Crisis” by New York Dolls (cover)
    15. “Rag Doll” by Aerosmith

Tier 4: “International Superstars” (Moscow)
    16. “Bright Light Fright” by Aerosmith
    17. “King of Rock” by Run-D.M.C.
    18. “Nobody’s Fault” by Aerosmith
    19. “She Sells Sanctuary” by The Cult
    20. “Walk This Way” by Run-D.M.C. featuring Aerosmith

Tier 5: “The Great American Band” (Half Time Show)
    21. “Always on the Run” by Lenny Kravitz
    22. “Back in the Saddle” by Aerosmith
    23. “Beyond Beautiful” by Aerosmith
    24. “Dream On” by Aerosmith (re-recorded)
    25. “Hard to Handle” by The Black Crowes (cover)

Tier 6: “Rock N Roll Legends” (Rock & Roll Hall of Fame)
    26. “Cat Scratch Fever” by Ted Nugent
    27. “Mama Kin” by Aerosmith (re-recorded)
    28. “Sex Type Thing” by Stone Temple Pilots
    29. “Toys In The Attic” by Aerosmith
    30. “Train Kept A Rollin” by Aerosmith
    31. “Guitar Battle vs Joe Perry” by Joe Perry

Bonus Songs (The Vault)
    32. “Combination” by Aerosmith
    33. “Kings and Queens” by Aerosmith
    34. “Let The Music Do The Talking” by Aerosmith
    35. “Mercy” by Joe Perry
    36. “Pandora’s Box” by Aerosmith
    37. “Pink” by Aerosmith
    38. “Rats In The Cellar” by Aerosmith
    39. “Shakin’ My Cage” by Joe Perry
    40. “Talk Talkin” by Joe Perry
    41. “Walk This Way” by Aerosmith

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

I thought it was out next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,913 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Yep.. pass!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Next week in the US, end of July in Europe according to Kotaku.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

Mr E wrote: »
    Next week in the US, end of July in Europe according to Kotaku.

I was in game a few days ago and the staff said 27th of June :(

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

GameFAQs says 27th, and Eurogamer says "July" (no specific date).

Maybe it is out next week....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Was tempted to get it for a 2nd guitar, but i dont think i could suffer a game thats all aerosmith, a Pass i think.

Its 109.99 in Smyths, a bit much!

But its out friday anyways i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Some songs on that i'd have a fun time playing, including The Cult's Sanctuary.
    I'll get this if the standalone version isn't a total ripoff as far as price goes.

VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

lol complete piece of s**t tracklist apart from "sex type thing"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

eww...Aerosmith

pass

:pac:

creggy wrote: »
    eww...Aerosmith

pass

:pac:

Real insightful there... next!
    VR!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31 mr.fancypants

not even the cult can save this vain effort from aerosmith

its worse than rock the 80's loike!!!

not even the cult can save this vain effort from aerosmith

its worse than rock the 80's loike!!!

Roissssh!
    Nah i'm kidding. I don't agree it's worse than GH: Encore though, there some horrible horrible covers. If this was all Aerosmith, i'd have said forget it, but i actually like the likes of Ted Nugent, Lenny Kravitz, The Cult, Stone Temple Pilots and New York Dolls.

They could have thrown in a couple of other alternate tracks, but that would have defeated the purpose of it being Guitar Hero: Aerosmith. My other gripe is that both versions of Walk This Way are on it they could have gotten rid of the original one (as it was the least popular anyway) and thrown something else on there.

As i said, for me, it'll depend on the price of the standalone version.
    VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Well, I love(d) Aerosmith so this is a no-brainer for me. "Livin' on the Edge", oh yes please!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 mr.fancypants

Roissssh!
    Nah i'm kidding. I don't agree it's worse than GH: Encore though, there some horrible horrible covers. If this was all Aerosmith, i'd have said forget it, but i actually like the likes of Ted Nugent, Lenny Kravitz, The Cult, Stone Temple Pilots and New York Dolls.

They could have thrown in a couple of other alternate tracks, but that would have defeated the purpose of it being Guitar Hero: Aerosmith. My other gripe is that both versions of Walk This Way are on it they could have gotten rid of the original one (as it was the least popular anyway) and thrown something else on there.

:eek:o I swear i'm not D4 :eek:

yeah they really should of but a load of different songs other than aerosmith for the bonus track lists but I probably would not of bought it either way, was never a big fan of Aerosmith, and is the fan base really large enough for them to make a profit?

:eek:o I swear i'm not D4 :eek:

yeah they really should of but a load of different songs other than aerosmith for the bonus track lists but I probably would not of bought it either way, was never a big fan of Aerosmith, and is the fan base really large enough for them to make a profit?

Given how they packed out Marlay Park last year, that would indicate that there is a fan base there. It might also introduce a somewhat older audience to Guitar Hero as well, especially with the likes of Ted Nugent and New York Dolls in the game.

At the end of the day one mans poison is another mans pleasure.
    VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

They don't have Janie's got a Gun or Don't Wanna Miss a Thing on this, two of Aerosmith's best tracks. Nice to see Run DMC on it though, even if it's not Rockbox, which has a savage riff. Might get this if the price is right online. Will be satisfying playing to the right voice

Bubs101 wrote: »
    They don't have Janie's got a Gun or Don't Wanna Miss a Thing on this, two of Aerosmith's best tracks. Nice to see Run DMC on it though, even if it's not Rockbox, which has a savage riff. Might get this if the price is right online. Will be satisfying playing to the right voice

Janies Got A Gun is definitely missed for it's awesome guitar solo. But Don't Wanna Miss A Thing wasn't exactly a guitar epic was it? I also thought it was a fairly rubbish track as well, which suited a fairly rubbish movie :)

VR!

Yeah, Don't wanna miss a thing can be saved for Orchestrated Cheese Hero. I'm going to pop in and get this now, what is the Irish price?

Yeah, Don't wanna miss a thing can be saved for Orchestrated Cheese Hero. I'm going to pop in and get this now, what is the Irish price?

I glanced in the window of Gamestop in Stephens Green and didn't see it, so went up and bought two new Affliction tops instead :D

Maybe next week...
    VR!

According to Gamestop, they will have it in stock tomorrow!!!

• Advertisement

I'll believe it when i see it. :)
    VR!

I got it at gamestop, had to ask for it though it wasn't out on the shelves. Bad news - €70

Good News - it's better than encore by a long stretch.

I got it at gamestop, had to ask for it though it wasn't out on the shelves. Bad news - €70

Good News - it's better than encore by a long stretch.

Decided to pass on it for now... spent the money on microsoft points to download songs on Rock Band, including Sex Type Thing!

AWW YEAH :D
    VR!

So, did anyone get this??

Whats the verdict????

CKWPORT wrote: »
    So, did anyone get this??

Whats the verdict????

Obtained this via other means. PS2 version. It's good without being great to be honest. Unless you're a diehard Aerosmith fan. There are some really fun songs to play, Living On The Edge and Draw The Line are two very good examples of this.

But if you're not a fan of the song list, then honestly, don't bother. I love Aerosmith, but with the other GH games, i couldn't put them down when i got them, with this one, i haven't gone near it since Sunday after playing 13 songs. There's no real staying power to it.

VR!

Oh, i wouldnt be a big Aerosmith fan....

Tempted to get it for the Guitar though, the girlfriend went & bought a second hand GH3 guitar for 80.00 (RIP OFF) and the buttons dont work, so will be returning that...might pick it up....

Oh, i wouldnt be a big Aerosmith fan....

Tempted to get it for the Guitar though, the girlfriend went & bought a second hand GH3 guitar for 80.00 (RIP OFF) and the buttons dont work, so will be returning that...might pick it up....

Hate to say this, but they were going for 60 in HMV.
    The guitars are the same as GH3 btw, Same Les Pauls and Kramers, so they'll most likely still have the same faults.

VR!

Used ones for 60??

Returning it anyways, as the button are dodge!

Used ones for 60??

Returning it anyways, as the button are dodge!

Not used, brand new. They were released as standalone purchases for the PS2 not long ago.

VR!

• Advertisement

Finished this over the weekend. I actually had more fun than i'd expected to. Love In An Elevator is also a lot of fun to play.

I'm disappointed that the only song from Nine Lives that got featured was Pink (unlockable), But i've always felt that album was horribly under-rated.
    Kings And Queens
    becomes available when you finish the game, which surprised me because it's one of their few masterpieces that's never recognised when you think of Aerosmith songs. Has to be played too :)

One final note, anyone playing this on a HDTV, did they notice they had to calibrate the lag for this particular game? The other ones worked fine but this one was laggy as hell.

VR!

Advertisement