Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommended Reading

Options
  • 23-06-2008 4:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭

Dunno if there's already a thread like this, I couldn't find one

Anyway, can anyone recommend some books for me?

I recently discovered, after reading Digital Fortress, that I hate Dan Brown, I liked Angels and Demons and The Da Vinci Code but now I hate his style, all his books are very same-y and he gets tired very fast

I LOVE Bret Easton Ellis, read all but 1 of his books, each books is so different, you can really feel the characters in each one!

I read I am Legend recently and liked that too, the style of writing, the themes and so on

So based on that, lol, anyone got any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭sxt

Chuck Palunhuck comes straight to mind when you say Brett easton ellis."Fight club" and "survivor" are my favorites

Stephen king "the stand" If you want another apocolyptic book with great characters.Cormac mcarthys "the road",which is a similar theme, gets excellent reviews everywhere.Must get my paws on a copy

Advertisement