Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yesterday LHR- Jersey

Options
  • 23-06-2008 8:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Flew on a new type ( to me ) yesterday , an RJ145.

Also as we took off from LHR got my first view of a A380 ! cool

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Foggy43

In the last few days the A380 has officially become part of the furniture at LHR. Now when it comes at around 0530 to Terminal 3 it is towed off to a remote stand near the fire station / fuel depot and towed back in to Terminal 3 about 2 hours before departure. It can take 1.5 to 2 hours to fuel it with a single bowser.
    There is some talk now of SIN putting another A380 on the LHR route. At present SIN operate 4 flights per day. One 380 and three 747-400's. As soon as one departs another arrives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Can they not fuel the A380 on stand?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Foggy43

Sorry I wasn't clear enough. The A380 is fueled on the departure stand. The reason it is towed on to the departure stand 2 hours before is to allow enough time to fuel.
    It does take a while to get 212,500 liters / 170,000kgs of kerosene into it.

Edit: The A380 is now like all other aircraft not on quick turn rounds towed away to a remote stand to free up the gate and the airline will save money parking remotely. The A380 is in around 0530 and should be ready to tow away at 0630. Towed back again at 1000 for a 1200 departure. The A380 as other aircraft can be fueled on remote stands if required. Not all remote stands.

Advertisement