Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom tech calling out to house today!what can i expect?

Options
  • 23-06-2008 9:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭

My dsl has been constantly disconnecting recently so i rand eircom to send out an engineer.Finally after 3 weeks he will be arriving today.What can i expect from him?I have checked all the basics myself(faulty filters,new routers,different phone socket ect)so hes not going to follow his basic guidelines!...he will have to get straight to the point. Will i have to pay him? and if yes will it have to be there and then?...

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Yo do not pay him but eircom are only responsible for the mains socket and wiring to the exchange so I take it you disconnected all the internal wiring from the main socket ( if done properly thats 2 wires ) .

The eircom problem is not their techs, its getting their techs to come out at all. Once they come out they will fix it .

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭--SmItHy--

ok well i dont really no what socket is the main one?we had an engineer out before and i was told to keep the broadband on the socket we are using at the moment so i take it thats the main one! hopfully he will be able to and actually knows what he is doing!

and that may explain your problem . If the internal wiring is that ****e be prepared to disconnect the lot and use dect phones ( unless you have sky plugged in that is )

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    and that may explain your problem . If the internal wiring is that ****e be prepared to disconnect the lot and use dect phones ( unless you have sky plugged in that is )
    i dont understand what may be the problem?and what are dect phones?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    The eircom problem is not their techs,
    its getting their techs to come out at all. Once they come out they will fix it .
    I can't emphasize this part enough. The techs are a by and large a dead on bunch of people. And if they can help you they will often go way out of their way to do it. Make sure you're nice to him though :pac:

• Advertisement

I can't emphasize this part enough. The techs are a by and large a dead on bunch of people. And if they can help you they will often go way out of their way to do it. Make sure you're nice to him though :pac:
    il boil the kettle so :D

never mind what a Dect ::eek: Phone is so , make some damn fine coffee first !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

--SmItHy-- wrote: »
    i dont understand what may be the problem?and what are dect phones?:confused:
    Dect stands for Digital Enhanced Cordless Telecommunications. And a Digital Enhanced Cordless Telecommunications phone is a glorified cordless phone :pac:

Advertisement