Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi A4 Dash Fault Indicator

Options
  • 23-06-2008 9:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭

I was wondering if someone might be able to offer some advice. I bought an Audi A4 a few weeks ago and there is a warning fault on the dash display that I haven't been able to reset. It's shown below. I thiink it means that the brake light is faulty?????? I have checked the brake lights and they are all fine. In addition to the two normal brake lights, my car also has a brake light in the back window and one in the spolier. But again they are all working correctly. I do notice however, that these extra lights (window & spolier) have been wired into the standard rear lamp panel in the boot. Is there any way this might be causing the problem??? Thanks in Advance

brakelight.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭Moanin

This means that there is a bulb blown somewhere. It normaly tells where when you initiallty start the car.Take a look at the dash the next time you start the car.Then the fault light stays on until you repalce the bulb.Check all your bulbs.There are two on each side on the back for your rear lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,360 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

I was wondering if someone might be able to offer some advice. I bought an Audi A4 a few weeks ago and there is a warning fault on the dash display that I haven't been able to reset. It's shown below. I thiink it means that the brake light is faulty?????? I have checked the brake lights and they are all fine. In addition to the two normal brake lights, my car also has a brake light in the back window and one in the spolier. But again they are all working correctly. I do notice however, that these extra lights (window & spolier) have been wired into the standard rear lamp panel in the boot. Is there any way this might be causing the problem??? Thanks in Advance

brakelight.gif

Check to see that the proper bulbs are in your lights. I know of a case where someone replaced the standard bulb with a much lower wattage led and had the 'blown bulb' warning come on because the power usage was so low, the car thought the bulb was blown. It could also possibly be down to poor wiring of the additional lights. It depends how the system is set up. If you cannot find anything obviously wrong, disconnect the extra lights to see if it helps. Or they may need to be wired so that they are powered equally from both lamp clusters. What age is the car? Its very unwise to chop into wiring of very new stuff as it can cause all sorts of problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭melon_collie

Thanks guys. I had already checked all lamps and they are fine. I had also checked the wattage of each of the brake bulbs , and they are also the same (21.5W). I was just wondering now, should this fault always be showing on the dash, or only on when I press the brake pedal?? At the moment it is on continuously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭mcmc

Thanks guys. I had already checked all lamps and they are fine. I had also checked the wattage of each of the brake bulbs , and they are also the same (21.5W). I was just wondering now, should this fault always be showing on the dash, or only on when I press the brake pedal?? At the moment it is on continuously.

It should always be showing mate, untill its fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Does this warning also come up if the pads or brake fluid are low? Or am I thinking of another car where the warning serves dual purposes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭melon_collie

Well according to the manual, each of those faults has a different symbol. I am fairly sure that this relates to a 'Brake Light Fault' only.

Advertisement