Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Indicator switch

Options
  • 23-06-2008 9:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

hi all, the indicator switch seems to be gone in my Peugeot 206 - it flicks on by itself every few minutes when driving. Anyone have any idea how much it would cost roughly to fix?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭JoeySully

take it off and carefully open it - its spring loaded!!!!!!!! give it a good cleaning. there is a piece of metal that looks like a bullet! make sure this is put back in a different rotation than it was before.

incidenty WHAT YEAR IS IT?????

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Fago123

JoeySully wrote: »
    take it off and carefully open it - its spring loaded!!!!!!!! give it a good cleaning. there is a piece of metal that looks like a bullet! make sure this is put back in a different rotation than it was before.

Thanks

Its a 2000

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭gibo_ie

same happened my 306 a few years ago, then it went on fire so be carefull. I got a secondhand one from a scrap yard for about €15 and another €12 to have a local mechanic fit it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭Moanin

JoeySully wrote: »

My wifes 307 has a similar problem.When you indicate to go right it's fine but when the steering wheel turns back to straight position the indicator stalk automatically goes to the left postion and you then have to cancel it manually by pushing the indicator stalk to the 'manual position'. Can this be fixed like the 206 problem or is it a bigger job?

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭StonedParadoX

u know

im havin the same problem..sorta

when i flick mine to get left it goes quicker then when u flick it to the right

which is weird

why is it doing this?
    when i see on other cars i think oh look his flickers are on the way out

ARE MINE ON THE WAY OUT!!?!?!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

u know

which is weird

why is it doing this?

One of your indicator bulbs is gone on the left hand side.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭JoeySully

u know

which is weird

why is it doing this?

or you might be low on bliinker fluid
    http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=6

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Moanin wrote: »
    My wifes 307 has a similar problem.When you indicate to go right it's fine but when the steering wheel turns back to straight position the indicator stalk automatically goes to the left postion and you then have to cancel it manually by pushing the indicator stalk to the 'manual position'. Can this be fixed like the 206 problem or is it a bigger job?
    That's a common problem on 307s and can be easily fixed (and should be done for free) at your local Peugeot garage.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭Moanin

That's a common problem on 307s and can be easily fixed (and should be done for free) at your local Peugeot garage.

Dunno about that.It's a 2002 model and is well out of warranty

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33 ImaBM-man

When I had my 206 it did this exact thing, drove me mad! Merging was quite a task the day it started! Turned out to be a relay under the steering column, real cheap to fix. After that I sold it,long list of problems previous to the indicator........you've been warned!

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭StonedParadoX

u know.. after i posted this message.. it fixed itself

Advertisement