Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BWM E39 (2002 520) faulty horn?

Options
  • 23-06-2008 10:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

I don't use the car that much anymore, just the weekends, so there I was down at the shops yesterday and got back into the car, started it up and the horn starts going off.
    A bit of a blast of about 4-5 seconds and it stops, I had as look around thinking I was after upsetting somebody but soon realised it was my car.
    Anyway, the whole way home this was happening, not the same duration but intermittent. I pulled over and turned off & on the car, just pulling into the drive way and it happened again.

Just wondering could it have something to do with all the rain at the weekend or is it a sign that the battery is on the way out?

Cheers guys.
    :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

I would disconnect the battery, and reconnect after about half an hour. i agree that it may be the battery also. But im sure you just want it to stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

I believe it is down to a faulty relay. Find the relay & remove & replace to see if that resolves the issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

I've heard about this before on an E39 530D, no idea how it was fixed but hugely embarrassing to the owner!

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Try1ng

Cheers guys - I'll bring it out for a drive this evening and see if the grmlins have disappeared!
    Failing that I'll disconnect the batt for 30 minutes and take it from there.
    Thanks

Advertisement