Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap sun holiday

Options
  • 23-06-2008 10:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭

Hi All,

My boyfriend and I both have a week off from the 5th of July so I thought I'd look into a sun holiday for us, like a week in Spain or anywhere really. I'm just not sure how to go about this to get a good deal, as we're both pretty poor!

I've been looking online as I thought that we'd get cheaper deals that way but to no avail really. Has anyone any suggestions? Should I just trawl the travel agents til I find a good deal? Would they be as cheap as booking online? Anyone recommend any particular travel agents (I'm in Dublin City).

Thanks!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Leeby wrote: »
    Would they be as cheap as booking online?
    Thanks!

I haven't used a travel agent since the WWW was invented :)

I'd have always thought that the Internet was cheaper but could be wrong. What budget do you have?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Leeby

I'm not even sure of the budget myself! I don't know how much the boyfriend has, and any time I try to get him to give me a rough figure he just says he doesn't know. I think he's just waiting for me to find something, and then he's gonna say if he can afford it or not! (pain in the ass but whatever).

I reckon €700 (for the two of us). It'll be first time goin on a package holiday booked by myself so I've no idea what I should even be expecting/looking for pricewise! Is €700 too little?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

For a package holiday, €350 per person seems to be a little low though €400 per person would be much better

If you go to the Falcon Travel website you'll get an idea of prices.

For example Dublin -> Gran Canaria for 1 week leaving July 5th = €468 per person

Budget Travel also have good offers. You just say when you want to leave, from which airport, that you want a sun holiday and then you choose the country. Do this for each place that interests you and within 20 minutes you'll have all the holidays you can handle :)

A quick look at budget brings up The Algarve packages for €400 per person, €432 for Crete, €472 for Tenerife...

So go searching :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

If you can wait until a week before the trip you should get the best deal but you're planning on going at peak times which means higher prices and less availability. www.latedeals.ie and lastminute.ie late deals are both good. You'd probably get something for just under 300 each

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

At the moment they're offering tunisia on your dates for 369, if you click on the last minute deals you'll see they get much cheaper close to the date.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Leeby

Ponster wrote: »
    For a package holiday, €350 per person seems to be a little low though €400 per person would be much better

If you go to the Falcon Travel website you'll get an idea of prices.

For example Dublin -> Gran Canaria for 1 week leaving July 5th = €468 per person

Budget Travel also have good offers. You just say when you want to leave, from which airport, that you want a sun holiday and then you choose the country. Do this for each place that interests you and within 20 minutes you'll have all the holidays you can handle :)

A quick look at budget brings up The Algarve packages for €400 per person, €432 for Crete, €472 for Tenerife...

So go searching :)

Yeah I had a look at budget travel. The problem is that €432 per person actually means about €600 per person when all the charges are added in. I'm liking the look of Bojendillo Apartments in Costa Del Sol, tripadvisor has all good reviews for it, and the mammy knows I'm goin and slipped some money into my account so happy days! I'm going to wait til the weekend or maybe even Monday to book it though, in the hope that it'll be cheaper as it's just one week before it.

Advertisement