Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCI tour of Ireland ???

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Raam wrote: »
    Would need to take a day off work, but in principle, I'm in.
    This would be the catch for me too, although if I'm in Ireland I will probably be down in Cork for the finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

I am just wondering since the olympics are just a week prior to the Tour De Ireland, will we get to see any really good riders who will probably be really wrecked after that? I mean this year's route seems a bit more challenging than last year... For example, compare last year finish stage to this one -> Flat Dub city centre Vs Cork's Patrick's hill ...

Just a thought ...

I am hoping to follow a few stages this year too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭cantalach

The cyclingnews.com write up on the ToI (go here and scroll down) refers to the last stage into Cork finishing with "four laps of a gruelling 17 kilometre circuit". It mentions that each circuit takes in St Patrick's Hill as well as another climb south of the river. Does anyone know what they're referring to here? The ToI website has nothing, in fact it doesn't seem to even mention the 17 km circuits.

Advertisement