Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funny True Story

Options
  • 23-06-2008 11:25am
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 74 ✭✭

Hey this actually happened to me about 3 years ago.

I picked up the phone and I was greeted by an unfamiliar voice, the man on the other end wanted to know if I wanted to work for him in a local factory as a general operative for two weeks. I had signed up with a temping agency a month before and had totally forgotten about it. I agreed the extra cash would be welcome.

The first day of the job arrived and I was a bit nervous as I always find it difficult starting somewhere new and I am quite shy when meeting people first.

The people I was working with seemed laid back and friendly. The work was extremely repetitive and mind numbingly boring. It only took me 10 minutes to perform mastery at the task. I think they could easily have trained monkeys to do it. Some guys working there had been there for years and I could see the look of quiet desperation in there eyes. I was just glad I was only there for such a short time and I praised the man upstairs that I was going back to the holiday camp that is university in a few short weeks.

As the day went on I noticed some my co-workers disappearing into the toilet for suspiciously long spells, the bones of 30 minutes a go. I began pondering the explanation for these long visits, possibly there was a constipation epidemic in the factory or more likely they were bring in reading material into the cubicle and escaping the monotony of the factory floor for a brief moment.

On the second day I got extremely bored and fed up of the job and I decided to slip through the magic wardrobe and into the narnia that was the gent’s toilet cubicle. Unfortunately I had no reading material so I put down the toilet lid and sat down. I was enjoying the peace and solitude the cubicle provided and I decided to do some meditation. So I made myself more comfortable so I lounged down on the bowel and threw my legs up on the door. I closed my eyes, completely forgot where I was and entered a deep relaxed state of mind. When suddenly crash a loud noise like a gun shot going off, my first thought was a terrorist attack. But know the toilet seat which was ceramic had shattered into a thousand pieces and they along with me had fallen into the bowel. I had been rudely awoken from my zen like state. To compound matters one of my co-workers was in the adjacent cubicle, reading a tabloid and having a smoke. HE let out a yell out of him and through the news paper into the air.

I waiting until I was sure the toilet was empty and picked as many of the pieces as I could out of the bowel and threw them into the bin. I cleaned myself up and decided it was time to leave the toilet. I prayed whoever was in the cubicle beside me had gone back to work and I could slip out anonymously. But no there was a welcoming committee of my co-workers waiting for me laughing hysterically. It was possibly the most embarrassing moment of my life. They asked me what happened still in convulsions, I just stood there like a defendant before a jury there was nothing I could say.

Needless to say that was one of the more memorable days on the job and maybe at least I provided some comic relief for my co-workers.

Please yet me know if you found my little story funny

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭SoundWave

eeh.... no...

but thanks for sharing :P

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 74 ✭✭acoc100

Thats cool,

Maybe its one of those things where you just got to be there at the time.

But F*ck me it was funny when it happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

I know of a lady who got so drunk at a party that she fall off the toilet landed on a ceramic duck toilet brush holder. Of course the holder shattered under the impact and several pieces embedded themselves in her buttocks which were now wedged between the toilet bowl and the wall. Much to her further distress the fire brigade had to be called to extricate her and take her to the hospital for emergency repairs to her landing gear.

Not funny I hear you say, bloody hysterical if you were there I say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

Hagar wrote: »
    I know of a lady who got so drunk at a party that she fall off the toilet landed on a ceramic duck toilet brush holder. Of course the holder shattered under the impact and several pieces embedded themselves in her buttocks which were now wedged between the toilet bowl and the wall. Much to her further distress the fire brigade had to be called to extricate her and take her to the hospital for emergency repairs to her landing gear.

Not funny I hear you say, bloody hysterical if you were there I say.

she sounds like a right pain in the ass :pac:

Advertisement