Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medtronic

Options
  • 23-06-2008 11:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

hi just wondering does anyone know if medtronic closes for bank holiday also does it close for race week? thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Both I think. Most factory floors close for those events.
    Why do you need to know? Do you work there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 2479

no im starting there soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Afaik Boston, HP and APC close their floors for the races so probable Medtronic too. About the bank hols, if you have to work you usually get a day in lieu.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭sgthighway

Boston Scientific does not close Race Week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

or HP. medtronic do close for race week afaik

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Yes medtronic close for race week and bank hols, as well as most of the companies in Parkmore. But, if your an engineer/technician you will be working that week

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭left_behind

I work in medtronic. every year in the last 5 ive worked by choice for raceweek. i never had any plans so i could use those holiday days again. so basically if the area you work in is busy you will get the choice but you will not be forced.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I work in medtronic. every year in the last 5 ive worked by choice for raceweek. i never had any plans so i could use those holiday days again. so basically if the area you work in is busy you will get the choice but you will not be forced.
    I used to work in Medtronic and from what I remember, left_behind is correct. I used to work through race week but I used to time it so that I would miss the worst of the traffic. The fact that the floor workers were mostly off meant that parking wasn't a problem which was a nice change :).

Advertisement