Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple certified courses

Options
  • 23-06-2008 11:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

I am thinking of doing a course in After Effects, Its a 3 day course and quiet expensive (€500) but I think I will benifit from it. I haven't heard much about the quality of these courses so if anyone has done one could you let me know what you thought of it? Cheers! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Well I'd be wary of the fact that they're calling it an Apple Certified course when After Effects is an Adobe product.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭DenMan

Apple Certified as in to be used on a Mac I would say. Regarding the course I have heard some good things about it. However I am working with a production company and have been urged by the boss to learn how to use Avid. He says it is the industry standard, so I am. The only drawback to that is that I have a Windows Vista machine and Avid is still not supported by Vista yet...only XP. Bugger!!! The work is ongoing say Microsoft, I hope they can iron it out.

OP I would consider doing the course if you are familiar with the Adobe Suite. There are some great Particle Effects that can be used in After Effects. Your call.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

After Effects is a handy enough programme to grasp though.

If you are the type who can pick up new applications easily enough then a 3 day course should be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

if you are doing the course so you can edit yourself id say it would be grand.

but if you are trying to break inta an edit house or the industry id advise learning avid or final cut pro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 jedigurl

OK thanks for the advice! I think It would be no harm to do it. And I'll find out more about Avid and FCP at a later stage, thanks!

• Advertisement
Advertisement