Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The scam thread ..all motors scams in here!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Skoda/Octavia/RS/200846190840565/advert

Hello
    Glad to see you interested !
    First of all I have to tell you that the car is in good condition, has no technical damage at all, no scratches no hidden defects and no involved in any accidents .
    I`ve arrived in Ireland 2 months ago,I was sent by my hospital here for practice.I have finished my work here so I have to return back home to my resident hospital from Copenhagen,Denmark that`s why I was forced to leave the car along with all it`s documents(including FSH and log book) in a company custody that takes deliveries .You don`t need to worry about the delivery because when I have deposited the car I have already payed for all the fees,so if potential buyers are interested get back to me with your address details and the company will deliver with no extra cost.This company will also take care of all the registration documents and transfer of the ownership without me having to be there in person.
    I realize that is a cheap price for such a car but my special situation makes me do things that I wouldn’t do in normal circumstances.The price I am looking for my car is 2300 €.
    Let me know what your decision is !
    Thank you in advance !

Dr. Malc Iuka

Thanks "Dr.". Don't think so...

Hi
    I will explain to you step by step how this will work:
    A. First you have to send me your shipping information (your name and address).
    1. After I receive your shipping info, I will forward them to the shipping company as the intended receiver.
    2. The delivery company conducts a pre-buy inspection with one of their partners,and they take full responsibility regarding the inspection of the car,and if .anything is as not described,you will get a full refund with no question asked.
    B. You will receive a notification from the shipping service as a confirmation that the car is in their custody and also, that the car has been tested.
    1. After that, you will have to send the payment of 50% of the total amount to the shipping agent`s name and address .
    2. The shipping service will verify the Transfer, and if everything is in order, they will deliver the car to your door step.
    3. After you will receive the car and you will be completely satisfied with it, you will instruct the shipping service with your decision.
    C. If by any reason, you will not be satisfied with the car, you will return it to the shipping service with no expense.
    Like I told you ,I have already paid for their services .Any damaged or returned unit will be either replaced or refunded.
    If you agree with my idea please provide me your full name and address for shipping, so I can initiate the transaction through the shipping service.

Let me know.
    Many thanks,

Dr. Malc Iuka

--- On Mon, 1/12/08, xxxxxxxxxxxxxx <xxxxxxxxx@hotmail.com> wrote:

Subject: RE: Octavia
    To: iukamalc@yahoo.co.uk
    Date: Monday, 1 December, 2008, 9:08 PM

Hi Dr. Iuka

Sounds good- I'll go for it.

Will your courier accept cash on delivery?

Xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

cantdecide wrote: »
    http://www.carzone.ie/search/Skoda/Octavia/RS/200846190840565/advert

Hello
    Glad to see you interested !
    First of all I have to tell you that the car is in good condition, has no technical damage at all, no scratches no hidden defects and no involved in any accidents .
    I`ve arrived in Ireland 2 months ago,I was sent by my hospital here for practice.I have finished my work here so I have to return back home to my resident hospital from Copenhagen,Denmark that`s why I was forced to leave the car along with all it`s documents(including FSH and log book) in a company custody that takes deliveries .You don`t need to worry about the delivery because when I have deposited the car I have already payed for all the fees,so if potential buyers are interested get back to me with your address details and the company will deliver with no extra cost.This company will also take care of all the registration documents and transfer of the ownership without me having to be there in person.
    I realize that is a cheap price for such a car but my special situation makes me do things that I wouldn’t do in normal circumstances.The price I am looking for my car is 2300 €.
    Thank you in advance !

Dr. Malc Iuka

Thanks "Dr.". Don't think so...
    Is anybody reporting these ads to carzone? Are they doing anything abou them?I suspect the ads are all being paid for by bank drafts :D

Carzone not doing f**k all here to protect the consumer by the looks of it only line their pockets.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

To be honest what can Carzone do? They cant stop people emailing you if you put your email address up?

I have been getting loads of similar emails while trying to sell my car.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

To be honest what can Carzone do? They cant stop people emailing you if you put your email address up?

I have been getting loads of similar emails while trying to sell my car.
    They can stop people ripping off other adverts and selling Audi A8's for 14K ( as mentioned earlier in the thread).

• Advertisement

I copy and pasted the reply and reported it. It's still up today, though....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Sizzler wrote: »
    Is anybody reporting these ads to carzone? Are they doing anything abou them?I suspect the ads are all being paid for by bank drafts :D

Carzone not doing f**k all here to protect the consumer by the looks of it only line their pockets.

I reported a few and they did nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭biggus

See my earlier post about how allowing scam adverts may help dealers !

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭FreeFallin

What does anyone think?

http://www.carzone.ie/search/BMW/3-Series/sport/200849191078989/advert

Scam maybe, i think it could be a mistake.. i.e. should be €13600

• Registered Users Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭positron

scam.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 MichealOR

Be particularly careful on CARZONE as I received a load of these type answers after enquiring for a car advertisement. I also had my car advertised on carzone and this group called motorfind kept ringing me up looking for me to give them yredit card details saying they had a buyer for my car and they needed a deposit to insure the sale!

SCAMMING F****ERS thats all i have to say about them

• Registered Users Posts: 11,375 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

FreeFallin wrote: »
    What does anyone think?

http://www.carzone.ie/search/BMW/3-Series/sport/200849191078989/advert

Scam maybe, i think it could be a mistake.. i.e. should be €13600
    Did you read the description? At the end of it it says "please contact me by mail because my phone i dad"

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

fullstop wrote: »
    Did you read the description? At the end of it it says "please contact me by mail because my phone i dad"
    The iDad is the successor to the iPhone! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭FreeFallin

fullstop wrote: »

Yeh saw that, don't know what to think of it really!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Audi TT's seem to have a huge number of scams attached to them on CarZone. I've tried two of them (they have Irish plates in the pics) and got the usual Liverpool letter response.

I'd say its the same scammer given they constantly use Liverpool as a location :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Ice_Box

A 2007 merc cls for 15k.... nice alloys though...

no reply to my email
    could be a typo I suppose

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Mercedes-Benz/CLS-Class/CLS-320-/200848191026668/advert

and an 2007 730d for 14k
    http://www.carzone.ie/search/BMW/7-Series/730d-Sal/200848191026690/advert

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Carzone is riddled.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Alicano

Got to say folks i just ended a four week advert with carzone and got nothing but dodgey emails from d***s posing as russians/americans etc..wont be doing that again in a hurry.
    What the hell is it about buying or selling a car these days..everyone is so suspect and trying to rip each other off?..nobody trusts nobody anymore..even the good old dealership is not 100% safe..drives me mad!!!!:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭biggus

As my earlier long post said Carzone seem to be discouraging Private buyers and sellers

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

http://search.autotrader.ie/www/cars_advert?country=IE&modelexact=1&make=Citroen&model=C5&keywords=&min_pr=&max_pr=&min_year=&max_year=&source=&currency=GBP&county=north&county=1&county=2&county=17&county=8&county=9&county=27&county=33&county_list=&sort=20&SUBMIT.x=64&SUBMIT.y=1&id=200850191194143

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Citroen/C5/2.0-HDi-/200849191075940/advert

STATISTICAL CODE: 42985397
    MAKE: CITROEN
    MODEL: C5 2.0 D HDI
    VERSION: EXCLUSIVE 04DR A / SALOON / AUTOMATIC / DIESEL /
    CO2 EMISSIONS: 189
    MILEAGE: 65000 MILES
    DATE OF FIRST REGISTRATION: JULY 2002

OPEN MARKET SELLING PRICE: €17503
    RATE OF TAX: 28%
    VEHICLE REGISTRATION TAX:
    (payable on enquiry date) €4900

So which one is correct??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Mc-BigE

ninty9er wrote: »
    http://search.autotrader.ie/www/cars_advert?country=IE&modelexact=1&make=Citroen&model=C5&keywords=&min_pr=&max_pr=&min_year=&max_year=&source=&currency=GBP&county=north&county=1&county=2&county=17&county=8&county=9&county=27&county=33&county_list=&sort=20&SUBMIT.x=64&SUBMIT.y=1&id=200850191194143

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Citroen/C5/2.0-HDi-/200849191075940/advert

STATISTICAL CODE: 42985397
    MAKE: CITROEN
    MODEL: C5 2.0 D HDI
    VERSION: EXCLUSIVE 04DR A / SALOON / AUTOMATIC / DIESEL /
    CO2 EMISSIONS: 189
    MILEAGE: 65000 MILES
    DATE OF FIRST REGISTRATION: JULY 2002

OPEN MARKET SELLING PRICE: €17503
    RATE OF TAX: 28%
    VEHICLE REGISTRATION TAX:
    (payable on enquiry date) €4900

So which one is correct??

who in their right mind would pay 17500 for a 2002 C5 2.0 HDI ?

must be an error with the vrt calc. surely?

I like the idea of putting the phone number big on the picture, maybe carzone should do this as a watermark across all photos on carzone?

Sounds like a good idea to me, but probably not as Carzone.ie wont make any money if the scammers cant get good clean pictures.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭cbyrne

Can people post any numbers which show up from the cold callers/scammers, heres two to start.. (I know autotrader isn't a scam but its cold call look for you to advertise with them, handy to know these numbers and which ones to ignore)

Autotrader Ireland : +353 1 4490600
    Scammer (Cyprus) : +357 25878716

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭jimboddb

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

120k miles, 3.2 l petrol, 1998 ? hmmmm
    i dunno.

that dublin number doesnt look long enough though. think it needs to have 7 digits after the 1

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

E36 M3s are quite cheap and what with VRT due on it, iots quite likely. I reckon that the usual scammers would advertise something more expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,347 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

A 6 digit Dublin number? That's a long time ago :D

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭Richie15

vicool wrote: »
    Thank you all for trying to help me but just hear me out one more time!
    So the guy wants the money to be transfered on my name, he doesn't want the Transfer Number, he sended me a copy of the registration certificate on his name,will go to a WU office with me and take the money only after I tested the car and rechecked the documents and also I've checked the car with the Gardai.
    I know it looks like a scam and it probably is but how can it be?:confused:

THANX!
    Hmm, only other thing I can think of is maybe it's Mick O'Leary, making money off all the trips to Liverpool? :D

Here lads, stumbled upon this (link). Not interested in it or anything, just curious. What do yehs think are the chances of an honest mistake, versus trying to make it look newer and more valuable? It's listed as a 99 (under "year" and "reg") but in the picture it's clearly a 95.

And what about the ones listed for €1, to make them apear first on "price: low" searches? There should be a way to stop that. I think people should start suing them for misleading advertising or something. That'd soon put a stop to it, having to part with your 05 Merc (one of the first such cars on the list) for a euro!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 tupactim

Heres a email i got today of an ad for a pug 106 http://www.carzone.ie/search/Peugeot/106/LOOK-3-N/200851191223639/advert

I asked about the mileage and for a phone number.. heres my reply
    Dear customer ,
    I am so glad to see you interested .
    First of all I have to tell you that the car is in good condition, has no technical damage at all, no scratches no hidden defects and no involved in any
    accidents .
    I have worked in Ireland for the last 4 years and I’ve purchased the car there. My team-work wanted me back home, so currently I’m in Athene,Greece.I left
    the car in London,UK at one my friends.
    Right now the car is in London,UK on garage keept.I decided that is better to sell it because the price to bring it here in Greece is to high . Also here
    in Athene the cars are left hand drive .It's very hard to drive a right hand car here.
    I realize that is a cheap price for such a car but my special situation makes me do things that I wouldn’t do in normal circumstances.The price I am
    looking for my car is €800.
    If you decide to buy the car I can take a fly to London,take the car and meet you in Ireland. I can email you some pictures and more details about
    it .
    Thank you in advance !

Dr.Aostolakis Clementidis ,

Did a quick search of his email address found another carzone ad http://www.carzone.ie/search/Fiat/Seicento/SX%23Super/200851191223652/advert

both cars have fairly low mileage and see fairly cheap very suspicious :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭kazul

I remember looking at that beemer ad in it's original form. It was actually at a pretty keen price back then but 3-4 times 2k IIRC. The owner had a long history and a list of extras. It's a cloned ad.

Advertisement