Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The scam thread ..all motors scams in here!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 neboboy

Yeah a complete scam I am afraid. I got loads of the same emails.

Dont send photos whatever you do.

If your friend is bored, string them along for awhile and let them send the bogus bankdraft..just for fun.

My only real respnse to this is , get him to call to the house and call the guards on him and watch him run, hahahahahahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

neboboy wrote: »
    Hi a friend of mine is selling a pajero mini in savage nick I was gona but it myself just to have it , its a 1.0 petrol 4WD nct taxed , its a minter ,

2500 i think he wants for it , do you want his number hes from Mullingar, its silver, 3door,

Am, I said she's selling, not buying? :confused:

@ partyguinness

Why don't send photos?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,278 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Hi a friend of mine is selling a pahero mini in savage nick I was gona but it myself just to have it , its a 1.0 petrol 4WD nct taxed , its a minter ,

2500 i think he wants for it , do you want his number hes from Mullingar, its silver, 3door,
    Are you only set to transmit, yeah? :pac:

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭wasim21k

Audi A4 1.9TDI SLine, DVD, Full NAVI, Full Leather
    €4,500
    i have reporeted this but its still listed there, and i reported this car in last few weeks but it keep comming back and now this guy even dont reply via email to me ;)

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Audi/A4/1.9TDI-S/200921192886189/advert?channel=CARS
    t

• Registered Users Posts: 5 JoePhandango

I got a call from an English company called MotorShop UK after placing an ad on Carzone for my girlfriends car that we're looking to shift after she upgraded. They said they were a finance company and had buyers lined up to buy the car. They even said the price we were asking was too low! Happy days I thought! They went on to say that they charge a €90 admin fee and refund €85 of that when the car is sold. OK, I thought... seems reasonably fair, especially if they have buyers lined up. I didn't give them visa card numbers but asked him to send me on details while I did some digging.

All the results I found after a quick trawl of t'internet are posts on forums from English folk who've been relieved of the bones of £100 by them and still have second-hand cars sitting outside their houses! :eek:

Maybe that's why they've started picking up on Irish sellers! They've probably earned a nice little repuation in England!

I just got another call from a similarly named company with the same offer. When I said I wasn't interested.. he asked why!!! You can imagine my response!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 JoePhandango

SCAM!!!!! Run a mile!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Mothy

Whoa!

Just got phoned by someone reporting to be from "Motor Find". They provide you with a website and everything. www.motor-find.co.uk.

He said he'd seen my car advertised on carzone (same one as on adverts.ie).

Was quite convincing except when he started asking me for the €147 registration fee... which would be refunded when the sale went through.

I managed to get a phone number off him... and he did reply to this but it sounded a dodgy as anything. They could be legitimate but I'm not taking that risk. A decent company would not ask for CC details over the phone via cold calling.

If anyone is interested, the guy calling said he was "Daniel Myers" and the return phone number he gave me was 0044 2087724820, which did get back to him (well, another girl answered and he then phoned me back within a few minutes). The phone number he called me on was +35725817994 and +35725817215.

Second car scam I've come across. Interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

Mothy wrote: »
    Whoa!

Just got phoned by someone reporting to be from "Motor Find". They provide you with a website and everything. www.motor-find.co.uk.

He said he'd seen my car advertised on carzone (same one as on adverts.ie).

Was quite convincing except when he started asking me for the €147 registration fee... which would be refunded when the sale went through.

I managed to get a phone number off him... and he did reply to this but it sounded a dodgy as anything. They could be legitimate but I'm not taking that risk. A decent company would not ask for CC details over the phone via cold calling.

If anyone is interested, the guy calling said he was "Daniel Myers" and the return phone number he gave me was 0044 2087724820, which did get back to him (well, another girl answered and he then phoned me back within a few minutes). The phone number he called me on was +35725817994 and +35725817215.

Second car scam I've come across. Interesting.

I got them calls from similar numbers. English dude calling from Cyprus number.

+357 = Cyprus
    2 = Nicosia

And this their scam website : http://www.motor-find.co.uk/index.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Have a look at this :o Best bit is the vendors name.........pure kilkenny :D

http://cars.motornet.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=1414908

[URL="javascript: wz_swapImage('bigPic','','http://images.carzone.ie/images/cl-d-kilkenny1414908version_58383411.jpg',1);"]tncl-d-kilkenny1414908version_58383411.jpg[/URL]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭mikkael

ROTFL! - you have to hand it to him though, the spelling is quite good.

A 2008 Mondeo for 5 grand? Lol, if I start saving now I might just be able to buy that Bugatti Veyron by the end of the summer after all ... I missed this sudden incredible nosedive in car prices :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Pretty sure that this is a scam:

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Skoda/Superb/1.9-TDI/200922192957682/advert?channel=CARS

Response that I got when I made a query:

Hi there,
    The car is in good condition,no technical damage ,never crushed.The paint is like new.
    I`ve arrived in Ireland 2 months ago for a job practice.I have finished my work here so I have to return back home to Oslo,Norway that`s why I was forced to leave the car along with all it`s documentation(Full Service History,log book,mot certificate) in a company custody that after making a pre-buy inspection of the vehicles(at one of their partner services and HPI check ) and if everything is alright,then they will deliver at your delivery location .I have already payed for all the transaction fees to UK & Ireland area,so the delays should be as minimum as possible(delivery time: from 3 to 4 days depending on your exact location).If interested ,you will have to forward me your delivery details and I will forward them to the company in charge so they can book a transaction for you.This company is based in Sunderland ,United Kingdom and they will also transfer the ownership from my name to yours.
    The price I am looking for is 2600€ (UK Reg. ,also VRT needs to be paid)as for me to bring the car here and register it is too expensive and also the steering is on the right so I cannot use it here.

Let me know your decision.

Many thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭mikkael

Ah, a "job practise" ... yeah, that happens all the time. I think it's where an unemployed person accompanies someone who's employed for a bit of a look - see at what a job is. ROTFL!

I think you're right ... scam!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,278 ✭✭✭✭Esel

The car is in good condition,no technical damage ,never crushed.
    Never crushed! :D

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭pablosd

i wrote 2 harisallen54 from adverts.ie for the crack , about dat merc c200CDI in Cork, thats the response i got

Hi there,
    The car is in good condition,no technical damage ,never crushed.The paint is like new.
    I`ve arrived in Ireland 2 months ago for a job practice.I have finished
    my work here so I have to return back home to Oslo,Norway that`s why I was forced to leave the car along with all it`s documentation(Full Service History,log book,mot certificate) in a company custody that after making a pre-buy inspection of the vehicles(at one of their partner services and HPI check ) and if everything is alright,then they will deliver at your delivery location .I have already payed for all the transaction fees to UK & Ireland area,so the delays should be as minimum as possible(delivery time: from 3 to 4 days depending on your exact location).If interested ,you will have to forward me your delivery details and I will forward them to the company in charge so they can book a transaction for you.This company is based in Sunderland ,United Kingdom and they will also transfer the ownership from my name to yours.
    The price I am looking for is 3600 € (UK Reg. ,also VRT needs to be paid) as for me to bring the car here and register it
    is too expensive and also the steering is on the right so I cannot use it here.

Let me know your decision.

obviously a scam!!!!!

right just did bit of digging...and i traced back the e-mail he has sent me,
    heres the info:

He lives in Northampton, along Kingsley Road, United Kingdom.
    Anybody want to get a bus there ?? :D

pablosd wrote: »
    right just did bit of digging...and i traced back the e-mail he has sent me,
    heres the info:

He lives in Northampton, along Kingsley Road, United Kingdom.
    Anybody want to get a bus there ?? :D

Gimme this tools email address I will get him deleted,

what a [EMAIL="f@cking"]f@cking[/EMAIL] idiot, such a stupid story ,
    the best way to get them out is never disclose your location first make them tell you where they are first , and if he really insists say your from Ireland but live in the UK , and then watch him run a mile,

esel wrote: »
    Never crushed! :D

I know tools ,

funny story tho I got the same call and I know from this page that it was these feckers scamming me , so I was like yeah yeah no bother ring me back later in a while and I will give you my card number dont have it on me at the moment,

And I had a 3V card with like 35 cents on it , so I gave him that number and he was like yes sir thanks for your details and I just said yeah thanks for ruaining peoples lives you imbred stupid******* I WENT OFF ON ONE , and then i said and as for the credit card number just you try and take 75 pounds from it you muppet , I went mental at him , then I just said go f*ck your mother and hung up , hahahaahah id say he cried.

Gimme this tools email address I will get him deleted,
    dats ur mans email adress,
    harrisallen54@yahoo.co.uk

dnt delete him yet!!!!!!!

and this is part 2 of the scam basically this is what i wrote 2 him after receiving an email:

everything sounds allright, but in the ad u stated that car is in Cork,so how come its in the UK now??.
    What's the name of the company in Sunderland???

How do we do the deal then, cashwise??

Also may i know your name and surname.(I'd Like to know people I'm dealing with).

Regards

Michael Sheridan

then yesterday i received this email from him, as i expected, he did not answer half of the questions...

Hi again,
    I will try to explain how everything works in a few lines.
    A. First of all I will need you to forward me your exact delivery details : full name,full address and a valid phone no.
    1. After I receive your shipping info, I will forward them to the shipping company as the intended receiver.
    2. The delivery company conducts a pre-buy inspection with one of their partners services,and they take full responsibility regarding the inspection of the vehicle ,and if anything is as not described or listed,you will get a full refund with no question asked.
    B. You will receive a notification from the shipping service as a confirmation that the vehicle has been tested and that it is in their custody,ready for dispatch.A HPI report will be attached along with their official invoices (containing all details about payment and shipping details).
    1. After that, you will have to send the payment of 50% of the total amount to their agents details .Again,I have paid for the delivery fees,so the price you will pay is the one listed by me ,nothing more extra.
    2. The shipping service will verify the transfer, and if everything is in order, then the delivery will start.The car will not be driven ,it will be brought by a trailer.
    3. After you will receive the car and you will be completely satisfied with it, you will instruct the agent with your decision within 7 working days(the time you will have to inspect the vehicle after you have received it) .Depending on your final answer ,they will then forward or not the money to me.
    C. If by any reason, you will not be satisfied with the car, you will return it to the delivery company with no expense.Any damaged or returned unit will be either replaced or refunded.

So if everything is alright,then forward me your delivery details and we will soon start the transaction.

I await your answer.
    Cheers!

what a pure scam, I'm gonna give him address where my local gards station is located....se if he is stupid enuf ringing them...

this is what i wrote bak to him now.....

Hi

Yeah Everything is sound.
    Heres my full address, please contact me asap.
    Mobile: 07843 291924
    Address:
    Kingsley Road
    Northampton
    Northamptonshire
    United Kingdom.

or my job address
    Tel: 03000 111 222
    Force Headquarters
    Wootton Hall
    Northampton, NN4 0JQ
    if someone else answers the phone call, please call for my superior Daemon Johnson
    and he will reroute you to me.

If you want i can pik up car myself with cash in hand from the company that has it.
    Or if you want I can meet you in person in Northampton, that is where you live is it not??

Regards
    Michael Sheridan

Pleas not that police has been informed, and your e-mail address is being traced.....

i let know the Northampton police, so i hope he is ****ting himself....:D
    possibly one scammer less....

pablosd wrote: »
    dats ur mans email adress,
    harrisallen54@yahoo.co.uk

dnt delete him yet!!!!!!!

and this is part 2 of the scam basically this is what i wrote 2 him after receiving an email:

everything sounds allright, but in the ad u stated that car is in Cork,so how come its in the UK now??.
    What's the name of the company in Sunderland???

How do we do the deal then, cashwise??

Also may i know your name and surname.(I'd Like to know people I'm dealing with).

Regards

Michael Sheridan

then yesterday i received this email from him, as i expected, he did not answer half of the questions...

Hi again,
    I will try to explain how everything works in a few lines.
    A. First of all I will need you to forward me your exact delivery details : full name,full address and a valid phone no.
    1. After I receive your shipping info, I will forward them to the shipping company as the intended receiver.
    2. The delivery company conducts a pre-buy inspection with one of their partners services,and they take full responsibility regarding the inspection of the vehicle ,and if anything is as not described or listed,you will get a full refund with no question asked.
    B. You will receive a notification from the shipping service as a confirmation that the vehicle has been tested and that it is in their custody,ready for dispatch.A HPI report will be attached along with their official invoices (containing all details about payment and shipping details).
    1. After that, you will have to send the payment of 50% of the total amount to their agents details .Again,I have paid for the delivery fees,so the price you will pay is the one listed by me ,nothing more extra.
    2. The shipping service will verify the transfer, and if everything is in order, then the delivery will start.The car will not be driven ,it will be brought by a trailer.
    3. After you will receive the car and you will be completely satisfied with it, you will instruct the agent with your decision within 7 working days(the time you will have to inspect the vehicle after you have received it) .Depending on your final answer ,they will then forward or not the money to me.
    C. If by any reason, you will not be satisfied with the car, you will return it to the delivery company with no expense.Any damaged or returned unit will be either replaced or refunded.

So if everything is alright,then forward me your delivery details and we will soon start the transaction.

I await your answer.
    Cheers!

what a pure scam, I'm gonna give him address where my local gards station is located....se if he is stupid enuf ringing them...

Herse another idea for you , if he states above that he has already paid the fees i.e "Again,I have paid for the delivery fees,so the price you will pay is the one listed by me ,nothing more extra."

With any shippping or holding company you get a receipt with a unique holding number on it and a reference number for the car , ask him for it ,
    its part of their holding policy law , it has to be presigned as its a legal document and must be provided to the buyer before anything can be sold by them, any holding company will giver you the details of it , so ask him for the receipt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

kueef wrote: »
    would u buy a private car with no nct

Usually no. not unless i had it looked over. But there are some peaches for a good price. For example; my sister is willing to sell her 00brava at only 600 euro against good advice. All because it has no NCT. Now...there is a bearing which needs to be replaced as well as a new battery but that tots up to like 200 quid in all. The car is otherwise valued at 1600 with considered mileage and condition. So if you know your stuff it should be good. And don't ask for contact details. I am trying to get her to NCT the car and use the bloody thing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Andyrands

Do they rely think we are that stupid

Good Day,
    Thanks for your swift response, I really appreciate your quick response towards making a successful transaction.. About the present working condition of the car as stated by you, I am really pleased with it but i believed you are telling me the real fact because i cannot come over to your location now due to the nature of my work.I have made contact with my associate who is interested and he has agreed to pay.He will also be responsible for the shipping of the car.
    A Certified Bank cheque will be sent to you from my Associate for the payment and Have already added up the shipping funds on the cheque payment, expect to read from you soon if accepted by you.
    Below are information needed for sending you the cheque.

Name....To Be Written On The cheque.
    Address.....In Full Where The Cheque Will Be Deliver.
    Tel....Mobile...Office...Home.

FINAL .....SELLING.... PRICE....

When you send me the following information, i will instruct my associate to issue the Certified Bank cheque immediately. Hope to hear from you soonest ! Your quick response to this will be highly appreciated..

Thanks

This is my last reply:
    lets see if he/they are as stupid as they think we are
    :D:D:D:D:D:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::eek::eek::eek:

Where is your Associate coming from to view the car?
    a cash sale IS requested and also a receipt to confirm payment :pac::pac::pac::pac:

i had one from some car selling company phoning me saying they had 5 buyers ready to buy and they went on to say it will cost me £75.00 to register with them then they would forward my details to the people interested in my car but then went on to ask where i live i would have thought that well if i was buying a car and found one i was interested in i would at least find out how far i would have to travel to get it...... as you can imagine i told them to go fourth and multiply:p:p:p:p:p:p

dats such a old scam, they send u a certified bank cheque, with twice amout the money u asked 4 da car, u cash the cheque in the bank and everything is sound, meanwhile he asks u if u can refund him the other half he sent u, while u pull out money out of the account and send it bak to him, bank copes on after few days that the cheque is invalid(thats a loophole in banking system, veryfing cheques takes time) u sent him money, and ur bank account is deficit the amout u withdrawn, beware of dat scam, people fall 4 it!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

Heres another scam, and the response to my email about viewing the car.

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Opel/Astra/1.6-TWIN/200923192988617/advert?channel=CARS

Hi mate,
    I think I told you before that currently I'm in Glasgow with my employees because we have a house to build and the car is here with me. I also told you that I can ship at no extra cost to you because I have a FORD XLT truck and a flatbed trailer so, it will be easier for me to transport the car to your address. I just spoke to my business partner and I'm afraid I cannot deliver myself because it will take about two days on the road and these people here really need me so, one of my employees will bring the car. I've been searching for the best solution for this transaction and one of my employees suggested a specialized company to handle the funds since the distance is an inconvenience for both of us. He suggested the following escrow company: www.securecarpay.com. I've read their terms and they can also take care of the necessary paperwork in order to register the car in your name in case you decide to keep it. All you have to do is to register at their website and then I need your user name so I can set up the transaction. You can read their terms here: www.securecarpay.com/howitworks.php. I give you seven days to test the car and only if you decide to keep it, they will release the money to me so, I believe this is the safest way. Let me know your decision because there is another person who wants to buy it and I need to know which way to go. The car will come with the servoce book, manuals and two remote controls for the alarm. One more thing I saw that they accept paypal and bank transfer as payment method which I believe is 100% secure. Let me know your decision as soon as possible.

--
    Aalbert Hoffman
    RDB Enterprises Limited
    27 Roman Road
    Bearsden, Glasgow, G61 2SS
    Tel: 07535427814

Email: support@rdbenterpriseslimited.com

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

carzone scam, no number even in the ad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

The carzone ad is a scam, the scammer lifted the photos & details from the eBay listing.

Advertisement