Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The scam thread ..all motors scams in here!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Oh no its not real but others here have got them and by all accounts they are very passable and the banks have actually lodged them only to get back a few days later to say "sorry" and the money is swiftled debited from your account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 cici09

im sickened I honestly thought I sold it p.s come on kerry ha ha only joking living in cork now for my sins

I know the feeling. I got as far as you too last year. :o

Well at least you know now to watch out for it in the future and it didnt cost you.

is it dangerous that I gave my address

I wouldnt worry about it.

They are based in the UK and do this thing to thousands of people. They will have forgotten about you in 2 seconds and they move on.

• Advertisement

Hi I never got the draft off that Ian Blake man,,,, I dunno what he was trying to do.......:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

cici09 wrote: »
    Hi I never got the draft off that Ian Blake man,,,, I dunno what he was trying to do.......:D:D:D:D:D

You should have sent him your account no so he could pay it in directly. :D

yeah sure i may hand over all my money for the craic no questions asked lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Garfromdublin

Here's a list of a few 'buyers' I've come across since I've put my car up for sale on carzone.ie earlier this week.

I have suggested to them that they should probably learn English....

Name: John
    Phone No: 447024072595
    Email Address : john_will52@ymail.com
    Comments: I would like to know if is still for sale, your last asking price and current condition.send pics for viewing if available.
    Thanks,
    John

Name: Jason Carter
    Phone No: 07024038613
    Email Address : jasoncarterhm@yahoo.com
    Comments: Hello,
    I saw the advert you passed on the net and i'd like to get you aware that am interested in it...i will want you to get back to me with the present condition of the car to include with the last price at bargain and the present location of the car...i look forward to your urgent response soonest..
    Regards,
    Jason
    +44 7024038613

Name: kelvin
    Phone No:
    Email Address : kelvin.mark71@yahoo.com
    I hereby wish to inform you that i am interested to purchase from you.
    What is your best offer ?
    Are you the real owner ?
    What is the condition ?
    Let me see more pics if is available ?
    If its still available for sale?
    kelvin.mark71@yahoo.com
    I look forward to read from you soonest.
    Cheers

Name: julen
    Phone No: 07024042330
    Email Address : julen.cangas2009@yahoo.com
    Comments: How are you doing today?
    I saw your advert on the website pasted and i want you to know that am highly interested in it.. Anyway,can you let me know the details as arrange below?
    ASKING PRICE
    THE RECENT PICTURE
    ARE YOU THE REAL OWNER
    HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN USING IT
    I will be Looking forward to read from with the above question.
    Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭john-joe

Here's a list of a few 'buyers' I've come across since I've put my car up for sale on carzone.ie earlier this week.

I have suggested to them that they should probably learn English....

Name: John
    Phone No: 447024072595
    Email Address : john_will52@ymail.com
    Comments: I would like to know if is still for sale, your last asking price and current condition.send pics for viewing if available.
    Thanks,
    John

Name: Jason Carter
    Phone No: 07024038613
    Email Address : jasoncarterhm@yahoo.com
    Comments: Hello,
    I saw the advert you passed on the net and i'd like to get you aware that am interested in it...i will want you to get back to me with the present condition of the car to include with the last price at bargain and the present location of the car...i look forward to your urgent response soonest..
    Regards,
    Jason
    +44 7024038613

Name: kelvin
    Phone No:
    Email Address : kelvin.mark71@yahoo.com
    I hereby wish to inform you that i am interested to purchase from you.
    What is your best offer ?
    Are you the real owner ?
    What is the condition ?
    Let me see more pics if is available ?
    If its still available for sale?
    kelvin.mark71@yahoo.com
    I look forward to read from you soonest.
    Cheers

Name: julen
    Phone No: 07024042330
    Email Address : julen.cangas2009@yahoo.com
    Comments: How are you doing today?
    I saw your advert on the website pasted and i want you to know that am highly interested in it.. Anyway,can you let me know the details as arrange below?
    ASKING PRICE
    THE RECENT PICTURE
    ARE YOU THE REAL OWNER
    HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN USING IT
    I will be Looking forward to read from with the above question.
    Cheers

Whats the scam here? Is it spam??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39 neboboy

john-joe wrote: »
    Whats the scam here? Is it spam??

It never ends really, I got 55 shut down in the last 4 months and they just keep on coming , Carzone is losing business beacause of this,
    any add placed on carzone should have a phone number with it and should not be placed until the person has been contacted by phone,

I see where your coming from that they are mailing you ,
    its strange I know they only want the details so they can use it on a different site , carzone really are doing nothing about this they are as bad or even worse than Bebo customer services

neboboy wrote: »
    It never ends really, I got 55 shut down in the last 4 months and they just keep on coming , Carzone is losing business beacause of this,
    any add placed on carzone should have a phone number with it and should not be placed until the person has been contacted by phone,

I see where your coming from that they are mailing you ,
    its strange I know they only want the details so they can use it on a different site , carzone really are doing nothing about this they are as bad or even worse than Bebo customer services

What is carzone.ie policy on this problem?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 neboboy

john-joe wrote: »
    What is carzone.ie policy on this problem?

You see thats the proble unless they have actually broken any of their terms and conditions of service thers nothing you can do ,
    false informatino is about the only thing you can get them on ,

but then again bebo have clearly outlined terms of service and even when I reported somone for breaking 3 of them they stil did nothing about it , its strange ,

Its gona end up that someday some [EMAIL="dickh@ed"]dickh@ed[/EMAIL] is gona try buy a car off someone some old lady probably and they are gona get conned out of thousands of money and then itl end up in the paper, only when these things get publicly serious do they do anything about it,

U can report these peole all day but I doubt they will do anyting unless the person has violated any of their terms of service,

You should have to register free of charge to carzone , and have a mobile number present on your registeration , and a txt message sent as verification to your mobile phone , that way the foreigners coulndt get access to the site,

neboboy wrote: »
    You see thats the proble unless they have actually broken any of their terms and conditions of service thers nothing you can do ,
    false informatino is about the only thing you can get them on ,

but then again bebo have clearly outlined terms of service and even when I reported somone for breaking 3 of them they stil did nothing about it , its strange ,

Its gona end up that someday some dickh@ed is gona try buy a car off someone some old lady probably and they are gona get conned out of thousands of money and then itl end up in the paper, only when these things get publicly serious do they do anything about it,

U can report these peole all day but I doubt they will do anyting unless the person has violated any of their terms of service,

You should have to register free of charge to carzone , and have a mobile number present on your registeration , and a txt message sent as verification to your mobile phone , that way the foreigners coulndt get access to the site,

Maybe the consumer watchdog might be able to advise/help??

http://www.consumerassociation.ie/

Name: andrew
    Phone No: 07024058879
    Email Address : andrewmark023@yahoo.com
    Comments: Hello
    Am interested in your car...get back to me with the last asking price...if you have the picture for the car you can send me or call me on my mobile number
    +447024058879

I know it's difficult for carzone & autotrader to do much about these spammers but I get the feeling that they could be doing more.

Here's what happened when I decided to e-mail carzone.ie support:

I advertised my car with your service this week and so far have received 5 different (but similar) reponses from 'buyers' which are quite obviously spammers. I would like to forward these mails on to you and am asking if there is nothing that can be done about this? There is even a forum set up on boards.ie discussing carzone.ie scams! I look forward to your reply.

Regards

Gary

Hi Gary,

We can remove your email address from your advert if you wish that way genuine buyers can just contact you by phone. You can le tus know if you want us to do this.

Regards

It's not ideal but it's better than getting more and more spam mails I guess, yes please do.

Do you want me to forward you on the e-mails? Might be of assistance if it turns out that other customers are getting the same ones.

Gary

Hi Gary,

This has been done, it will come down off the site within an hour or so.

Regards

Thanks, shall I send on these e-mails or is there any point?

Gary

HI Gary,

We cant really do anything with the emails as these people are in different countries and it is nearly impossible to trace them. Thank you for this information.

Regards

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

To be fair to Carzone there isn't much they can do to stop the mails, but I do agree that a better registration process would at least reduce the scams that make it back on to their site.

For e.g. spotted this today: http://www.carzone.ie/search/Mazda/RX-8/200941195463312/advert?channel=CARS and I'm not 100% sure but I think I saw that car up for sale recently (the after market petrol cap is what made it stand out in my head). Although the dealer is apparently called "Real Motors Ltd" so with a name like that they can't possibly be dodgy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

Hi all,

Just came across this ad on carzone.

Way cheaper than other Mini Coopers.

Have send an email to enquire...would ye run a mile or...??

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Mini/Cooper/200941195463318/advert?channel=CARS

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Too good to be true and all that

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Scam.

Was just looking at this one. Even seems a bit too good to be through too. A good price though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

jamieh wrote: »
    Hi all,

Just came across this ad on carzone.

Way cheaper than other Mini Coopers.

Have send an email to enquire...would ye run a mile or...??

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Mini/Cooper/200941195463318/advert?channel=CARS

Thread moved.
    It's priced thousands under anything else, the only contact is email...scamtastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

Thread moved.
    It's priced thousands under anything else, the only contact is email...scamtastic.

Got a reply earlier today from a girl called Denise.

She said (presuming Denise isn't a false name) that she was working in Ireland but is moving to the UK. Car is in perfect condition, "Irish Registered" etc.

I notice the ad has been pulled from carzone so I presume its a scam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 kikita

Hi People, what car selling site you'd recommend?
    I am appaled by the amount of scam emails that I got after advertising in carzone, all guys from the UK wanting to buy my car. What for from the UK?
    So I am trying to be very careful now.
    Or you might know about good car dealers around? I am in Dublin, and I'd like to sell my car (not burning it).
    I have an A-Class Mercedes with 21.000 miles, it's an A140, it looks like new. Any ideas of a fair price for this car?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,278 ✭✭✭✭Esel

^ You mean all from people pretending to be from the UK. You could try www.adverts.ie ! :D

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭W0LFMAN

One of those Scams...again i think

On Donedeal.ie

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1038543

Reply via email

Audi A4 1.9TDI 2004

The price is 4500 euros
    Alloys, Sunroof, Metallic Paint, Electric Windows, Central Locking, Remote Central Locking, Alarm, Immobiliser, Driver's Air Bag, Passenger Air Bag, Multiple Air Bags, Air Conditioning, Climate Control, CD Player, Adjustable Steering Wheel, Heated Seats, Multi Cd Player, Nokia Phone KIT!
    Absolutely Immaculate inside and out Reasonable Offers Considered. A real head turner and great fun to drive.
    Diesel 4 doors, manual transmission, Metallic Baige.
    Mileage : 93,000, NCT 03/2010, Airbags, Alloys, CD / Radio, Colour Coded Bumpers, Electric Mirrors, Electric Windows, Full Service History, Metallic Paint, Power Steering, Remote Central Locking, Traction Control, 1 owner.
    Excellent Condition, the car was kept in a garage , it has Audi service book,the tires have been changed recently, and doesn't need repairings.It has no engine problem, no scratches.
    Registered in Ireland .The car is at the moment in Liverpool, UK.
    I live in the USA, I bought the car for my brother who lived in Ireland and then moved to UK. Unfortunately he died recently and I cannot take the car with me.
    You do not have to pay any taxes for this car. It is very easy to register it to your name .
    I have all the documents ready for sale. The car documents are on my name, so it is very simple.
    As payment I only accept cash and we will have to meet in Liverpool for the sale.

Thank you and I hope you will decide to buy my car.
    Here are some photos.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭zynaps

W0LFMAN wrote: »
    You do not have to pay any taxes for this car. It is very easy to register it to your name .
    I have all the documents ready for sale. The car documents are on my name, so it is very simple.
    As payment I only accept cash and we will have to meet in Liverpool for the sale.
    That does sound pretty suspect... "this is totally legit, but I can only accept cash for some unrelated non-crime reason" :P
    stevenmu wrote: »
    Although the dealer is apparently called "Real Motors Ltd" so with a name like that they can't possibly be dodgy :)
    Heh... the next one will be called "Totally Not Scammers Auto Sales Ltd" :P

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭magotch07

W0LFMAN wrote: »
    One of those Scams...again i think

On Donedeal.ie

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1038543

Reply via email

Audi A4 1.9TDI 2004

The price is 4500 euros
    Alloys, Sunroof, Metallic Paint, Electric Windows, Central Locking, Remote Central Locking, Alarm, Immobiliser, Driver's Air Bag, Passenger Air Bag, Multiple Air Bags, Air Conditioning, Climate Control, CD Player, Adjustable Steering Wheel, Heated Seats, Multi Cd Player, Nokia Phone KIT!
    Absolutely Immaculate inside and out Reasonable Offers Considered. A real head turner and great fun to drive.
    Diesel 4 doors, manual transmission, Metallic Baige.
    Mileage : 93,000, NCT 03/2010, Airbags, Alloys, CD / Radio, Colour Coded Bumpers, Electric Mirrors, Electric Windows, Full Service History, Metallic Paint, Power Steering, Remote Central Locking, Traction Control, 1 owner.
    Excellent Condition, the car was kept in a garage , it has Audi service book,the tires have been changed recently, and doesn't need repairings.It has no engine problem, no scratches.
    Registered in Ireland .The car is at the moment in Liverpool, UK.
    I live in the USA, I bought the car for my brother who lived in Ireland and then moved to UK. Unfortunately he died recently and I cannot take the car with me.

Thank you and I hope you will decide to buy my car.
    Here are some photos.

Its a complete scam dont do it, he will get you to transfer money to western union

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Helen G

Put a car for sale on carzone for 5k, and the only leads I got were scammers in the UK, spamming me with emails about sending monies through to my account and looking for bank details.....never again.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Helen G wrote: »
    Put a car for sale on carzone for 5k, and the only leads I got were scammers in the UK, spamming me with emails about sending monies through to my account and looking for bank details.....never again.

That's the internet for you. You'll get spam mail wherever you post things for sale on the net, it's just the way things go unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,278 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Helen G wrote: »
    Put a car for sale on carzone for 5k, and the only leads I got were scammers pretending to be in the UK....
    FYP

Not your ornery onager

Advertisement