Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Flat front tyre

• 23-06-2008 12:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭

Hi, can anyone help. BFs front tyre on bike is flat as a pancake. he has tried to repair it but no joy. anyone know of a mobile service that would come and replace the tyre? or any other suggestions? Living in Kildare by the way.....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

bike tyre company would come out and fix it, thinkits a 50 euro call-out charge though

083-3426663

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Depending on the location of the puncture and it's size, he could try Ultraseal (TM) or OKO Z8 Concentrate.

They are youghurt-like liquids that you put in the tyre. Then inflate the tyre and go for short drive. When the liquid reaches a hole under pressure, it changes into a rubber compound.

This will not work for punctures at the tyre walls, or for very large punctures.

About €5-€10 a bottle, and will seal future punctures automatically as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

Can you use the can stuff even if you don't have a puncture??? for example put it in both tyres now so that if you get a puncture it will fix it straight away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,518 ✭✭✭✭Esel

^ Get the correct stuff, not the pressurised can that is intended to re-inflate and fix a puncture at the same time. Used it years ago. You take out the valve inner to squirt it in, then re-inflate. Looked like a bottle of gism back then; not sure about now!

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Can you use the can stuff even if you don't have a puncture??? for example put it in both tyres now so that if you get a puncture it will fix it straight away
    If you use the foamy stuff now without having a puncture it will not fix a puncture in the future. You must have a puncture in order for the foam to work as it needs to get in contact with air to seal the whole. If you just put it now it will turn into a liquid and will do nothing for you if and when you get a puncture...

However, I believe Bikeworld can treat some tyres with a special product that will seal puncture if and when you get one. But it's not 100% guaranteed and it costs quite a lot... My advice to all bikers is: stay out of the gutter!

• Advertisement

Ultraseal (TM) and OKO Z8 Concentrate are both preventative tools. They are a yoghurt like substance (not a foam), that you place inside the tyre by removing the valve (tool is included for doing this). If/when you get a puncture, this liquid leaks through the hole and rubberizes due to the pressure and air contact.

I have OKO Z8 in my tyres and got a nail through the back tyre about 3-4 months ago. I just pulled it out and drove off. Lost less than 5% tyre pressure before it fully sealed. Further repair was not needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

Ultraseal (TM) and OKO Z8 Concentrate are both preventative tools. They are a yoghurt like substance (not a foam), that you place inside the tyre by removing the valve (tool is included for doing this). If/when you get a puncture, this liquid leaks through the hole and rubberizes due to the pressure and air contact.

I have OKO Z8 in my tyres and got a nail through the back tyre about 3-4 months ago. I just pulled it out and drove off. Lost less than 5% tyre pressure before it fully sealed. Further repair was not needed.

This sounds good, where is best to get this stuff???

This sounds good, where is best to get this stuff???

That can be tricky. I bought mine originally in Mountjoy motorcycles, but they're closed now as you probably know.

Only other place I've seen them is at Blakestown Tyres in Clonsilla. They have quite possibly the single most annoying website in history though, so probably best to give them a ring or drop in to them.

Blakestown Motorcycle Tyres, 12, Blakestown Cottages, Clonsilla, Dublin.15
    Ph. 01 8221850

They are a pretty cool bunch (no, I'm not affiliated with them in any way)

Advertisement