Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garage space

Options
  • 23-06-2008 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭

Looking for space to store a car in Cork city preferably but anywhere within 10 miles of city would be OK. Sent me a PM if you have a suitable place...:)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Dermo123 wrote: »
    Looking for space to store a car in Cork city preferably but anywhere within 10 miles of city would be OK. Sent me a PM if you have a suitable place...:)
    Blitz knows a place.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Do I?

I actually know a couple of places. There's Fly Drive up near the airport who do short term storage. I don't have my phone on me at the moment to give their number. There's also a place down the back-roads of Carrigtwohill that's more suited to long term storage. It depends on your needs really....

Btw, if anybody knows of any other places, neither of these particularly suit me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭bill_ashmount

William O'Brien have a storage depot out by the Bandon road roundabout. No idea of prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭Dermo123

Thanks for the replies. I suppose I am looking for more than just pure storage only. I would hope to be able to work on the car and have tools and be able to have access to water and electricity. What would be ideal is someones unused garage at the back of a house that they could earn a few bob from rent. Might be pie in the sky but worth asking anyway.

William O'Brien have a storage depot out by the Bandon road roundabout. No idea of prices.

The guy I spoke to on the phone wanted EUR60 a week to park it in the yard. Last I looked he had some takers too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭techie

Dermo123 wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies. I suppose I am looking for more than just pure storage only. I would hope to be able to work on the car and have tools and be able to have access to water and electricity. What would be ideal is someones unused garage at the back of a house that they could earn a few bob from rent. Might be pie in the sky but worth asking anyway.

Would you drive a nice 2 Litre Saloon car by any chance ?? :p

That's a bit vague....

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭Dermo123

techie wrote: »
    Would you drive a nice 2 Litre Saloon car by any chance ?? :p

I would. Also a nicer 2.6 litre saloon, a nicer still 2.5 litre saloon, and an alright 1.8litre saloon. I am not trying to brag or anything as the combined value is probably about 8k.

I never get why more houses don't have garages. After your house itself, the most valuable thing you own is probably your car, and most people are content to leave it sitting at the side of the road. I couldn't imagine leaving any other possesion worth anywhere near that much outside the house at the mercy of the elements, just hoping that nobody steals it or damages it. Madness......

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

It's not really a matter of choice any more blitz, houses just don't come with garages these days, generally speaking.

When I get my ideal house, it'll have a barn. A garage just won't cut it.

adam

• Advertisement

That's kinda my point. Most people wouldn't even be looking for a house with a garage, and if they got a house with a garage they'd probably convert it to an extra bedroom or something. And that adds value to a house! I know I've above average interest in cars, but I just think it's crazy to have your most valuable possession sitting outside.

Advertisement