Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in Seabourne View

Options
  • 23-06-2008 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭

I was just wondering what BB residents in Seabourne View are using. Without a phoneline installed the options are Digiweb Metro, Irish Broadband, 3 mobile, etc. Is there a signal in the apartments for these? I do you have to go with a landline installation?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭mrmright

Hi

I went down the route of having a landline installed with eircom....only to be told after installation that the telephone exchange needed to be upgraded therefor the line was not suitable for broadband....long story short...landline gone and money refunded after many battles.

I am now using 3 modem. Pretty good not always a full signal but will do the trick for web browsing....

Do you know if there are eircom customers in Seabourne with BB at the moment.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 fabulusbakerboy

I am living in Anchorage- building and have had utv broadband for last 2 years with no problem. Pay 45 euro a month and get BB and free landline calls to Ireland and UK after 6 and at weekends.
    Friends in Concordia have Eircom broadband about 2 months and no problems with it. Both are through eircom boxes/landlines.
    I have also connected the boxes in bedrooms so phone and bb can be accessed from there to. Builders will tell you eircom need to do it and eircom will charge you for it so be warned.. its handy to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭kingofthecastle

having first signed up to wireless broadband and the hassle of getting a line in, i switched to o2 mobile broadband. it gives u up to 10gb of downloads a month for €20 a month on a 12 month contract, download speed is up to 3.6mbs which is adequate and way better than claerwire or ripwave. its the way to go!

Advertisement