Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spain v Russia

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭JMB88

My heart says Russia, head says Spain. Regardless it's going to be a highly entertaining game. Hopefully Arshavin puts in a good performance, I'd like to see him get Player of the tournament.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,703 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

JMB88 wrote: »
    Hopefully Arshavin puts in a good performance, I'd like to see him get Player of the tournament.

He has only played 2 games thus far, and is up against an actually contender for player of the tounament in Senna.

I thought there was hype - this is Over Hype.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

I was off the boards last 7 days,my holiday started,hope to go to stadium before tonights game,dont have ticket but i will look around,anyway Spanish and Russian fans are minority comparing to Germans and Turkish i saw yesterday here and they wasnt playing their game in Austria at all.....Hope Russia to win tonight

If you go to Stephenplatz square from about 4pm onwards you will be able to buy a ticket at a reasonable price. Was at the games at the weekend and a friend got tickets there for face value really easily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

I think lots of people on here are starting to favour Russia cause they've played well in the last 2 games. I don't think Spain will do them 4-1 again but i think Russia will still have a very tough task on their hands to win this game tonight and they will probably need to be on top of their game (like when they beat Holland) to get anything from this.

As somebody else said, looks like it should be a cracker between the two most attacking teams in th competition, so it'll probably be a draw..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Boggles wrote: »
    and is up against an actually contender for player of the tounament in Senna.

I agree with you 100%, but its a bit of a shame that he doesn't really have a chance because he's a defender...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

My vote goes to Spain... Oh what a match it would be, i hope the lads in RTE don't bring up the whole "belief":rolleyes: theory again.

Boggles wrote: »
    He has only played 2 games thus far, and is up against an actually contender for player of the tounament in Senna.

I thought there was hype - this is Over Hype.

He's played 2 matchs and had 2 official Man of the Match awards. Senna has played 3 matchs and has had none. Theres no denying that Senna has played well but IMO he's no chance of player of the tournament ... I still think, one more good performance out of Arshavin and he'll be given the player of the tournament.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

JMB88 wrote: »
    He's played 2 matchs and had 2 official Man of the Match awards. Senna has played 3 matchs and has had none. Theres no denying that Senna has played well but IMO he's no chance of player of the tournament ... I still think, one more good performance out of Arshavin and he'll be given the player of the tournament.

How many times have you seen a DMF get a MOM award in the history of your viewing of football matches?

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭BazBox

MIN2511 wrote: »
    My vote goes to Spain... Oh what a match it would be, i hope the lads in RTE don't bring up the whole "belief":rolleyes: theory again.

What a theory though, almost a s good as "honesty of effort":rolleyes:

anyway, I really hope Russia win but Spain should have enough to see them off and win

• Advertisement

eZe^ wrote: »
    How many times have you seen a DMF get a MOM award in the history of your viewing of football matches?

Last one that springs to mind is Xavi Alonso in the Spain vs. Greece game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

XaBi Alonso

Advertisement