Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAn we have a "you feckin' eejit" button? ie the opposite of the "thank you" but

Options
  • 23-06-2008 1:35pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 510 ✭✭✭

Is there such a thing? Can it be done? I've seen a smite feature on other boards, I think it would go down a storm here.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

only if you attach c4 to cults testicles

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

I think this was suggested and shot down before...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Wazdakka wrote: »
    I think this was suggested and shot down before...

Which? The C4+CuLt's testes idea or the OP's idea?
    You'd be right either way.

*chants: karma system karma system karma syst...*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

report.gif ftw!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

All that would be is an acceptable forum of personal abuse, no?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

:rolleyes:<-It was gone for a while but now it's back. Easy mistake to make OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

javaboy wrote: »
    :rolleyes:<-It was gone for a while but now it's back. Easy mistake to make OP.

+1

anyway a "you muppet" button would only spark fights. not a good idea

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

For the fifth or sixth time, no this is a bad idea :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

CuLT wrote: »
    For the fifth or sixth time, no this is a bad idea :)

So no C4??

:p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Ninja_scrotum

But the thank you feature sucks! Its just a way of virtually licking somebodys ass thru the internet. Like a few posts above - can everybody see tallaght01 licking Dragans ass?

I think a "you feckin' tool" button would work really well. You know you want it.

• Advertisement

About as much as I want C4 strapped to me, to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Gandalf23

But the thank you feature sucks! Its just a way of virtually licking somebodys ass thru the internet. Like a few posts above - can everybody see tallaght01 licking Dragans ass?

I think a "you feckin' tool" button would work really well. You know you want it.

Yeah, it might be useful right about now :D

Or it means i have expressed an opinion that he agree's with.

When you hit "thanks" is it because of some ingrained desire to lick that person's ass?

I have never hit the thanks button - it is a form of ass-licking, especially when there is an argument. Somebody might post one viewpoint in an argument, then all of a sudden you see twenty names hanging off that post, licking ass.

I think I actually licked one ass before, can't remember the details though.

You might have a better chance of people listening to (and supporting) your point of view if you used less confrontational language.

And how would your button be any different, except for catering to a different form of ass licker?

Am I using confrontational language? Sorry didn't notice.

I think the button would be extremely useful in threads involving estebancambias.

I have never hit the thanks button - it is a form of ass-licking, especially when there is an argument. Somebody might post one viewpoint in an argument, then all of a sudden you see twenty names hanging off that post, licking ass.

You are not helping your case imho.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

It's unfortunate you see it that way. If you want to troll someone you can put some effort into it like everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

I think I actually licked one ass before, can't remember the details though.
    I don't use thanks either. I tend to reply to people's messages with a thought out response agreeing with their statement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Lol adding a negative button would be similar to just bringing Karma/rep back.
    Its grand where it is, give Cult a wee break, I get the feelin the lad has been working nonstop lately, with all the fancy new bits on boards.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Have to laugh. How frequently are there threads here asking:

a) Why no thanks button in AH?
    b) Why no **** You mother****er button as well as thanks?
    c) Why no pikchures on AH?

I think it would try my patience a little. Hats off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

For the public record, I only like Dragan as a friend. The arse licking incident involved a lot or drink, and him wearing a christine aguilera mask.

tallaght01 wrote: »
    For the public record, I only like Dragan as a friend. The arse licking incident involved a lot or drink, and him wearing a christine aguilera mask.

And i find this out through the interwebs?

I thought we had something special. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

Dragan wrote: »
    And i find this out through the interwebs?

I thought we had something special. :(

I told you that you'll never tie me down to one arse, but you chose to believe you could change me.

tallaght01 wrote: »
    I told you that you'll never tie me down to one arse, but you chose to believe you could change me.

My mother warned me about people like you......

which leads me to wonder about the funky **** my mother has gotten up to!!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I found the best way to point out someone is a feckin eejit is to thank everyone above and below them in the thread who doesn't agree with them. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

CuLT wrote: »
    It's unfortunate you see it that way. If you want to troll someone you can put some effort into it like everyone else.

one click trolling would be sweet :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I want a Samuel L. Jackson button.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

I want a Samuel L. Jackson button.
    and I want a Hungus button but you don't hear me complaining about that. :D

Advertisement